Tempest's EBS-16, or Smoke Ejector, is a popular unit for all forms of confined space ventilation, one that's been around for decades.
The Smoke Ejector (EBS) is what you think of when you hear negative pressure ventilation (NPV). Simple, lightweight and durable, this “boxfan” will get the job done everytime you plug it in. Hazardous location motors available, intended for Class 1, Group C&D and Class 2 Group F&G Environments.
It's light and small enough to ventilate tight areas but still built to Tempest's standard of long lasting durability and reliability. Plug it in and suck the smoke/fumes/particulates out from almost any location.
The EBS-16 comes standard with a single speed electric motor with an output of 0.3 HP. This specific motor is matched perfectly with the fan blade's size and pitch to produce the most effective air movement possible. This 16" smoke ejector also comes available with a 1.5 HP motor for high CFM needs.
- No exhaust emissions, which can collect Carbon Monoxide inside the structure that you are trying to ventilate.
- Never requires "oil change" or have gas go bad while sitting in storage
- Designed to start and run off a standard residential 115v 20 amp receptacle without tripping the circuit breaker.
- Power supply is readily available at most work sites.
This item is excluded from shipping promotions. Special handling fees and freight quotes may still be required.
Hang/Suspend the EBS-16
- Type: Negative Pressure Ventilation Fan - Smoke Ejector
- Drive/Motor: Single Speed Electric - 0.3 HP
- GFCI Compatible: Designed to Run on 15 AMP Circuit - Actual Draw Approx. 5.2 AMP 110V / 60Hz Standard
- Blade: 16" Diameter Airflex Fiberglass Reinforced Ployamid Blades
- Shroud: Integral Component of Frame
- Grille: Continuous Circular Wound, Zinc-Plated Steel w/ 4 Tie Points for Additional Safety, Meets UL & European CE Safety Standards
- Frame: Formed and Welded Sheet Metal Construction with Powder-Coat Finish
- CFM: 3,200
- Dimensions: 18.75" x 14.25" x 19.5"
- Weight: 47 lbs
One of the key advantages to the EBS-16's light weight and compact design is its ability to be quickly suspended in nearly any door or window way. Want to ventilate a difficult to access and crowded interior space through a window? No problem.
At 47 lbs, the Tempest EBS-16 is one of the more lightweight ventilation units available. Its reduced dimensions and frame design allow users to easily carry it to and from the work site.
For safety, use Door Bar Holder (300-141) and Hanging Bracket Set (300-142) to properly hang the Tempest EBS-16.
Formed & Welded Roll-Cage Frame
Not an ounce of Tempest's well known reliability and durability that comes standard on every fan was sacrificed to meet this unit's small stature and light weight. Every bend and cross brace weld is structurally engineered to increase the blower frame’s strength to weight ratio by as much as 30%. Welds eliminate the need to continuously maintain/tighten nuts and bolts. Its roll cage design gives protection to all angles and sides of the shroud and motor. Like every Tempest, it's built to last on the job site.
Front and rear safety grilles feature a continuous spun wire body with four tie point bars. Meets strict European CE Safety Standards.
AirFlex Composition Impeller
Paired specifically with its equipped 0.3 HP or 1.5 HP motor, the uniquely designed impeller "wings" deliver maximum air volume (cfm), velocity and pressure possible. The impeller blades are made from a high strength composite fiberglass reinforced polyamide. Composite blades require less torque from the engine to spin resulting in increased CFM. Composites also provide increased safety, as the blades are designed to disintegrate upon impact with any foreign object. Aluminum or other metal blades may chip or fragment when structural integrity is compromised, throwing potentially dangerous shrapnel in any direction.
Originally intended for confined space ventilation, the EBS-16 is small enough to hang, sit or fit in a wide array of tight spaces. Whether space is a factor for you for in storing or using ventilation, our box fan will suit you perfectly.
Negative Pressure Ventilator
Negative Pressure Ventilation (NPV), as opposed to Positive Pressure Ventilation (PPV), is the method of using a fan to suck out unwanted particulates rather than blowing them out. The Tempest EBS-16's size and design is most effective and efficient at NPV; although, PPV may still be utilized to some degree.