Classic protection was never so bright.
The durable traditional style UST Thermoglas® helmet—with an integral LED lighting system that's always ready to light your way.
- An elegant blend of engineering, functionality, and safety to protect firefighters in any light
- Bullard UST Series helmets offer classic-styled protection in an affordable, low maintenance shell
- Exclusive U-Fit System offers 12 adjustment points for custom-fit comfort
- Tough Thermoglas® outer shell with a full foam impact liner protects against high heat and chemicals
- Convenient TrakLite™ lighting system is smoothly integrated into the structure of the helmet
- Eliminates imbalance and danger of snagging caused by protruding add-on helmet lights
- 8 LEDs provides smooth, even light over a wide area for safer navigation and other operations
- Certified to NFPA 1971: 2013 Edition.
Helmet lighting has never been more convenient or better suited to so many situations. The Bullard TrakLite™ LED Helmet Lighting System is smoothly integrated into the structure of the helmet to provide safe, dependable, thoroughly functional lighting for a wide range of daily applications. There's no need to attach a cumbersome bracket and heavy light to the brim of your helmet, or leave a useful tool behind to carry a hand-held flashlight. The TrakLite features eight bright, durable dome-style LEDs protected behind a heat-resistant glass, and designed to cast a smooth, evenly-distributed 38 lumens of white light over a very wide area. No blinding hot spots, dark circles, or sharp cut-off—just the diffused area lighting you need to safely navigate in dark areas, indoors or out. It's ideal for search and rescue, working with tools, locating a fuse box, or taking decisive action at an accident scene. With its tough, lightweight, waterproof, battery pack mounted beneath the rear brim of the helmet, TrakLite provides a safe, reliable source of light that's snag-proof, perfectly balanced, and always available.
See and be seen.
In addition to the eight forward-facing LEDs, TrakLite has a bright blue, “buddy indicator" light mounted on the battery box at rear of the helmet. This bright, extremely visible tail light makes it far easier for those behind to track the wearer, even in smoky and very low visibility situations.
Simple, efficient, so easy to use. Even with a thickly gloved hand, this system is a snap to operate. Just a flick of the single rotary switch turns on both the front LEDs and the rear buddy indicator light. The energy efficient TrakLite is conveniently powered by four standard AAA alkaline batteries. Each set of inexpensive, disposable batteries provides at least six hours of continuous runtime, to a minimum 50% brightness. Batteries can be quickly and easily replaced in the field with just a Phillips head screwdriver.
Engineered for reliable performance—with safety first. Unlike other fire helmet lights, the weight of TrakLite is perfectly centered from side-to-side, and distributed between the front and rear of the helmet to offer a more balanced lighting solution. With no protruding attachments, external clips, brackets, or wires, Bullard TrakLite reduces the likelihood of weight imbalance, or becoming snagged on obstructions or gear. When properly closed its virtually unbreakable Ultrem battery pack, lighting unit, and all connections are a completely waterproof, chemical-resistant sealed system, for use in volatile environments and hazmat situations. You can count on your Bullard TrakLite-equipped helmet to provide increased safety and additional utility over most traditional helmet-mounted lighting. Plus it's an excellent compliment to a more highly focused smoke-cutting hand-held fire flashlight or lantern.
Bullard NFPA Structural Helmets with factory-mounted TrakLite are certified to NFPA 1971: 2013 Edition.
Specifications – TrakLite:
- Case Material: High heat, impact resistant thermoplastic
- Lens (front): IR-coated Borosilicate glass
- Lens (rear): Polycarbonate
- Light Source (front): Eight white 5mm domed LEDs
- Light Output (front): total 38 lumens
- Runtime: At least 6 hours to a minimum 50% brightness
- Light Source (rear): One blue surface-mounted LED
- On/Off: Rotary switch
- Batteries: 4 AAA alkaline batteries (included)
- Product Weight (with batteries): 6.35 ounces, in addition to helmet
- Certified to NFPA 1971 standards when factory installed on certified Bullard Helmet
- CSA Certified Nonincendive Equipment for use in Class I, Division 2 Hazardous Locations
UST Series Traditional Style Structural Fire Helmets. Classic looks meet modern protection and comfort.
A Tradition of Toughness.
Bullard UST Series fire helmets are engineered Bullard Tough™ for extreme conditions. You'll also find the classic, traditional style you desire in the affordable, easy-to-maintain design of the Bullard UST Series. Choose the extremely comfortable, UST for proven on-the-job performance and long-lasting durability. Available with a full range of eye protection options to meet your personal preference or departmental requirements.
Thoroughly Modern Durability.
The outer shell of the UST is made of Thermoglas® for excellent resistance to chemical attack and more stability at extreme temperatures. Inside, the dual-purpose CFC-free urethane foam impact liner provides superior impact and penetration protection, as well as excellent insulation from extreme heat. This stable, high-heat foam is coupled with a thermoplastic inner shell for even more durable protection.
All Bullard fire helmets are equipped with the U-Fit System, offering 12 custom comfort settings. By engineering our helmets to include 12 points of adjustment, you can adjust the ride and balance of your helmet. The Bullard Sure-Lock® ratchet headband, offers both easy-turn sizing and a unique three-position height adjuster to create a completely personalized fit. A leather ratchet cover keeps it all neat, protected, and comfortable. It's like having a custom-fitted helmet, designed just for you.
Premium Quality to Show Your Pride An intricately carved brass eagle proudly adorns the front of Bullard UST helmets. The quality and durability of these brilliant leather front holders are a proud statement of patriotism in the fire service. Bullard UST Series Helmets with the TrakLite system include a brass eagle to hold a custom-sized 6” leather front.
Please Note: Currently, 5” leather fronts are not available on our Build It, See It, Buy It, but we are working hard to make it an option.
Be seen, even in extreme heat. UST helmets come standard with high quality Scotchlite® striping, which retain reflectivity at 500º F.
The UST fire helmet are certified to the NFPA 1971: 2013 Edition Standard on Protective Ensemble for Structural Fire Fighting
UST-Series Helmet Features:
- Chemical-resistant fiberglass outer shell
- Bullard Fire Helmet Warranty is 5 years on shell and 10 years on non-electronic components
- Intricately-designed, brass Stars and Stripes Eagle accommodates any leather front
- High-heat thermoplastic inner shell
- Comfortable Sure-Lock ratchet headband
- Balanced 6-point nylon crown straps and crown pad
- Nomex chinstrap with quick-release buckle and postman's slide fastener
- Rip-stop Nomex ear/neck protector
- Leather ratchet cover
- Removable fire-resistant, absorbent cotton brow pad
- Certified to NFPA 1971: 2013 Edition
- Scotchlite™ reflective striping
Traditional Firedome Structural Helmet certified to NFPA 1971: 2013 Edition.
UST Helmet Technical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 15 5/8" L x 12 1/4" W x 7" H
- Outer Shell Material: Fiberglass
- Inner shell material: Non-CFC Urethane foam
- Suspension: 6-point nylon crown strap with crown pad
- Warranty Two years from Date of Manufacture on Helmet Components
- High-heat thermoplastic inner shell with urethane impact liner (R920)
- Sure-Lock® ratchet headband (R637)
- 6-point nylon crown straps with crown pad (R112)
- Nomex® chinstrap with quick-release buckle and postman's slide fastener (R148)
- Black rip-stop Nomex ear/neck protector (R721)
- Leather ratchet cover (R160)
- Removable fire resistant cotton brow pad (R635)
- Cotton crown pad (R636)
- 4" Faceshield)
- ESS IZ2 Goggles
- Goggles & Bourkes
All leather fronts sold separately.
Please Note: Currently, 5” leather fronts are not available on our Build It, See It, Buy It, but we are working hard to make it an option. 5" fronts can be purchased directly from Bullard.
Please Note: We can only sell this product to our customers in North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada).