Comfort and Protection From Both Fire and Ice.
Just like your favorite fleece jacket — only better. DragonWear® by True North provides lightweight, breathable, wind-resistant and water-repellent warmth. It's also fire and arc resistant. The permanent fabric protection won't melt, drip, or support combustion in the air, and cannot be washed out or worn away. All DragonWear Nomex® fleece garments are manufactured in Seattle, Washington.
Nomex® Fleece Crucial Performance benefits:
- Flame Resistance
- Outstanding Insulation
- Good Chemical Resistance
- Superior Thermal Protection
- Excellent Breathability
- Significant Stretch
All materials in these garments are flame resistant and meet or exceed the NFPA 1977 (2005 edition) Standard on Protective Clothing and Equipment for Wildland Fire Fighting. Meets ASTM F1506.
- Fiber Content – Nomex IIIA (93% Nomex®, 5% Kevlar®, 2% Carbon)
- Fabric Weight – 8.2 oz. sq/yd
- ARC Rating (ATPV) – 17.3 c/cm²
- Pocket Material
- Fiber Content – Nomex® IIIA (93% Nomex®, 5% Kevlar®, 2% Carbon)
- Fabric Weight – 6 oz. sq/yd
- ARC Rating (ATPV) – 5.9 c/cm²
- YKK® Zipper
- Vislon zipper teeth set in 100% Nomex® zipper tape
- 100% Nomex®
- Conforms to government specifications A-A-55217 and MIL-T-83193B, Type 1
- Large zipper pocket on left chest. Vertical opening for fast access
- Two zippered hand warmer pockets
- Glove cuffs, designed to fit inside the glove for seamless protection
- Extra long sleeves for better reach
- Two large inside cargo pockets
- Full-length zip front with stand-up collar
- Drop-tail rear hem for increased coverage
- Stuff sack for highly compressible packing
- Breathable, wind-resistant, and quick-drying warmth
- Meets ASTM F1506
Getting the Best Fit with DragonFur® Nomex® Fleece.
DragonFur® jackets, vests, and pants were designed to be worn as outerwear. As a result, please make all measurements while wearing the clothing that you’ll typically wear under your DragonFur®.
- Neck: Use a piece of string to measure the fullest part of the neck.
- Chest: Measurement should be taken around the fullest part, just under the arms and across the shoulder blades.
- Sleeves: With elbow bent, measure from center (back) of neck to elbow and down to wrist.
Note: Sizes 3XL-5XL are not stock items, but we will gladly place a SPECIAL ORDER for you. You can typically expect to receive this product within 1-2 weeks.