Simply the BEST of the BEST for any forcible entry circumstance. Also great for any show to get you that gold trophy
Now with marrying groove for Halligan Bar. A classic Flat Head Axe. Re-designed to give you more power…and unending pride.
Choose 6 or 8 lb head, with wood handle, 28”, 32”, or 36” lengths.
More than just another axe. This is a personal tool that simply shines. It’s a work of functional fireman’s art that you can swing with power—and pride—for generations to come. The Firefighter Axe may look like a decorative presentation axe, but it’s made to be used. Used daily. Used hard. Then proudly passed down to the next firefighter in your family.
For those who prefer the brute force of a flat head axe. Fire Axe, Inc. applied their acclaimed design principles and production techniques to this heavyweight classic, increasing both its legendary cutting power and its durability. Today’s cheaper machine-made fire axes simply can’t compare.
Redesigned to punch through faster, penetrate more deeply, and come back for more. By sliming the cross-section of the cheek, and lengthening the blade edge, Fire Axe, Inc. was able to improve penetrating ability and still equalize the balance of the head, precisely centering its weight over the axis of the handle. The flat face of the axe is made square, with sharp corners to improve penetration. The entire head is balanced front-to-back and side-to-side, so the 8 lb. Flat Head Firefigher Axe not only swings more easily, it flies straight, landing a more solid blow with either end, without tending to tip. An integral guard extends down the blade side of the head to enhance rigidity and protect the handle against impact on full penetration or overstrikes. And because the mirror polished surface creates far less friction, you’ll find the Firefighter Axe cuts deeper, cuts cleaner, cuts faster…and stays sharp for the next time.
Virtually hand made in the USA, with the finest American raw materials. Each high grade tool steel head is painstakingly hand-cast with the same lost-wax investment casting method used to reproduce fine sculpture…and precisely ground to the ideal blade angle for the optimum balance of sharpness and durability. Then the heads are heat treated to make them twice as hard as a regular fire axe, and hand polished to a mirror finish. These axes are all steel—not chrome plated. They’ll cut through 16 penny nails and remain razor sharp. And cleaning is quick and easy. With a little care your Firefighter Axe will keep its good looks and fine edge as long as you own it.
Securely mounted to a strong wood handle. The Firefighter Axe’s superior performance doesn’t stop at the head. These are probably the best axe handles you’ll find anywhere. Available in 28" 32" and 36" lengths.
- Traditional Tennessee hickory The wooden handle is made by American craftsmen of the finest 2nd growth Tennessee Hickory. And it’s attached to the head not with a single wedge, like most axes, but four! One lateral wood wedge and three additional metal wedges work together to brace the head in all dimensions. Frankly, if you ever want to replace the handle, you’ll have to drill out the old one.
- Material: High grade tool steel, heat treated
- Rockwell Hardness: HRC: 50-58.
- Head Weight: 6 or 8 lbs.
- Overall length: 9-7/8”
- Pick: 4-5/8”, patented design
- Bit length: 5-3/8”
- Handle Guard: Patented feature extends 1-1/2” below head
Choose 28”, 32”, or 36” lengths.
Stainless steel, forged in one-piece provides an optimum balance of high strength and resilience.
- Lightweight, high-strength all-stainless polished Halligan bar simply requires less effort to swing and set
- Sharper, smoother, low-profile forks are designed with a gentle taper and axe-like edge for faster, deeper penetration
- Highly-polished surface is practically maintenance free; improves visibility, and reduces friction for smoother, safer insertion and easier removal
- Wipe clean and restore shine with a little Windex and a rag. No striping and repainting, ever. Frees up time for more valuable tasks
- Flats on the back of the forks allow easy “hammering” for fast, deep penetration, even in tight spaces
- Grooves on the forks and adz denote 1¾” penetration depth for sure jamb clearance
- Available in 24, 27, and 30, in high-polish
Polish with a purpose. You don’t buy this bar for looks alone. Aazel’s brilliantly polished special alloy all-stainless steel Halligan works harder for you in so many ways—some directly because of its always-gleaming finish. Designed in collaboration with a longtime veteran of the LAFD, this exceptional bar combines advanced metallurgy with seemingly subtle improvements to the classic Halligan design. Stronger, harder steel allowed Aazel to create thinner working ends with more axe-like edges and tapers for more bite and faster penetration. Then the solid stainless steel bar is just polished to a lustrous, ultra-smooth finish that naturally reduces friction for even deeper penetration…and easier removal. The result simply shines—in a virtually maintenance-free Halligan that’s lighter, stronger, more efficient, safer to use, and just plain great-looking.
Superior strength, performance, and safety. Sure it weighs less and costs more than a standard carbon steel Halligan. But with a Rockwell hardness above 35 and tensile strength exceeding 170,000 psi, Aazel’s special alloy stainless steel bar is 5 times stronger—making it by far the strongest Halligan on the market. It’s precisely formulated and forged in one-piece, to provide an optimum balance of high strength and resilience. The surprisingly sharp fork and adz will hold their axe-like edges. And under extreme torque, these extraordinary bars will just flex—ever so slightly—and spring right back. Unlike common steel pry bars, they never get bent out of shape.
Low profile self-setting fork and adz make penetration practically automatic. Let the bar do most of the work. The Aazel Halligan’s low profile bar ends aren’t quite self-setting, but their ultra-smooth polished surfaces, axe-sharp ends, and flatter, gently tapered design make penetration and removal safer…and so much easier. Compared to thicker rough-surfaces on standard steel Halligan bars, it can seem almost automatic. A single swing is often all you need to set the head all the way to the 1¾” depth marks that say you’ve safely cleared the jam…and it’s time to pull.
A Beautiful Marriage of Shining Irons
Hitch your Aazel Halligan to a Polished Stainless Steel FireAxe. Carry the ideal married pair. These shining essentials make a perfect couple. Hard working, better looking, and in it for the long haul. This married pair stays close together, so they’re always easy to take. Aazel Halligans are sized to mate perfectly with these Flat Head Axes from Fire Axe, Inc.:
- Sharp, slim, gently tapered low-profile fork and adz are engineered to make penetration almost automatic
- Lightweight, high-strength all-stainless polished Halligan bar simply requires less strength to swing and set
- Special alloy stainless steel bar is forged and hardened uniformly throughout, not just on the surface like a heat-treated carbon steel bar
- Superior strength and polished finish practically eliminate on-going maintenance
- Rockwell hardness 35+; tensile strength >170,000 psi.— by far the strongest Halligan on the market.
- Square shoulders on fork provide a solid hammering surface for easier penetration when tight spaces prohibit a full swing
- Grooves on forks and adz mark 1¾” penetration depth; taking the guesswork out of jamb clearance for maximum leverage and safety
- Choose Halligan in 24, 27, and 30
- The mate with FireAxe, Inc. Flat Head Axes… to make a married set of shining irons with a narrower grip for easier carrying and unsurpassed performance at the scene.
- 24”, 27”, & 30” Aazel Halligans bars will mate perfectly with Fire Axe Inc. Flat Head Axes (in 28”, 32”, & 36” sizes, respectively).
- 24” Aazel Halligan mates with 28” Fire Axe
- 27” Aazel Halligan mates with 32” Fire Axe
- 30” Aazel Halligan mates with 36” Fire Axe