Helping you work safer, longer and more comfortably, the FDXL100 Leather Boot is constructed for durability and designed with the highest quality materials.
A lightweight Leather Structural Boot engineered for superior performance, comfort…and value
- Advanced features, materials, and construction techniques improve durability and protection throughout
- Large pull-on loops are built into the cushioned collar, so they can’t close or come off. Donning is always fast, even with gloves
- Insulated CrossTech® bootie with cut-resistant Kevlar® outer layer for durable, breathable, waterproof protection without compromising comfort or agility
- ANSI-protective composite toe cap with 3D vulcanized rubber toe and heel guards; protects against heat, abrasion, and impact
- Exclusive athletic-style molded Vibram Fire & Ice outsole is uniquely constructed to provide traction in any situation
- Certified NFPA 1971, 2013 edition for Structural Firefighting
The Fire-Dex® Leather Fire Boot. It’s an NFPA Structural pull-on, designed from the ground up. With sleek, aggressive styling. Advanced features for safety, durability, improved protection against heat and hazards.
Superior athletic-shoe support, comfort, and impact absorption—with an exclusive Fire & Ice cement outsole for superior traction in any situation. It adds up to less fatigue and sustained performance over extended periods of time. And like all Fire-Dex gear, Protection for the Heat of Battle™.
What makes these boots better? Start at the top. The large pull-on loops are built into the cushioned, silicone tanned, full-grain FR leather boot shaft—not added on—so they can’t come off, get tucked in, or close They’re always wide open and easy to grab, even with gloves.
Plus they’re doubly reinforced with an extra layer of leather, stitched with Kevlar thread, and guaranteed by Fire Dex for the life of the boot under normal wearing conditions. These unique integral loops are made for maximum strength and convenience, just like every part of this ground-breaking boot. Pull on the loops…and you pull on the boots. We think you’ll be very comfortable with the results.
- SUPERIOR SHOCK ABSORBENCY: Battle fatigue with elastomer performance gel placed at the ball of the foot and the heel
- TRACTION AND STABILITY: Maintain balance with steel ladder shanks
- PUNCTURE RESISTANCE: Avoid injury with Lenzi material, an extra layer of protection without hindering flexibility
- FLEXIBILITY AND SUPPORT: Naturally shaped sole designed with toe and heel springs reduce impact zones
- EASY DON AND DOFF: Extend the life of the boot with integrated pull-on loops
- EXTREME DURABILITY: Resist tearing with Nomex® and Kevlar® lining
- WATER AND FLAME RESISTANCE
- ADDED VISIBILITY
- CIRCULATION AND BREATHABILITY: Wick moisture, increase air movement and eliminate odors with a multi-density footbed
- COMBAT EXTREME TEMPERATURES: Consistent flexibility and grip engineered to withstand temperatures of -4° F to +482° F with Vibram® FIRE&ICE Compound
Compare Fire-Dex to similar boots. You simply get more value—better protection, more speed, more comfort—for less. Take a serious look at the diagrams and photos. Study the advanced design features and no-compromise construction, paying close attention to detail, just as Fire-Dex’s fire-savvy designers did.
Look closely— from top to bottom; inside and out—you’ll find a lot to like. From the heavyweight, silicone tanned FR leather outer. Through the waterproof, breathable CrossTech® Omaha Military Boot protective moisture barrier bootie with its Stroble seamless sole construction, lightweight Polyfelt insulation, and cut-resistant Kevlar® outer layer. Over the ANSI-protective composite toe cap with its 3D vulcanized rubber toe guard…and protective outer heel counter which doubles as a built-in boot-jack for safe, easy doffing. They provide the same high level of heat and abrasion resistance as the outsole.
Look inside—to the heat-formed internal heel cup which molds itself to the individual foot for the best possible fit; at the orthotic-engineered anti-microbial moisture-wicking sock liner with its nano-printed foot-massaging cover and multi-density memory-foam-cushioned energy-return footbed.
Consider the lightweight protection of the Lenzi puncture-resistant fabric and flexible ladder shank. And get to the bottom of things—to the unique athletic-style molded Vibram® Fire & Ice cement outsole. It was developed especially for Fire-Dex to provide extraordinary durability, and superior all-temperature traction on ladders, stairs, sloppy ground, slippery roads, and a wide range of surfaces—indoors or out, hot or cold, wet or dry.
Certified to meet NFPA 1971 footwear requirements for Structural Firefighting, and more.
- A1. Large padded pull-on loops are built into the cushioned, silicone tanned, full-grain FR leather boot shaft—not added on—so they can’t be pulled off, become tucked in, or close
- A2. Loops are reinforced with an extra layer of leather and Kevlar® thread; and they’re guaranteed for the life of the boot under normal wearing conditions
- B. Reinforced, molded Shin guard eases pressure from ladder rungs and protects impact by obstructions, debris, or tools
- C. 14” Boot shaft* of heavyweight 2.2mm silicone-tanned full grain FR leather for exceptional protection, durability, and comfort
- D. 3M Silver flame resistant fabric reflective trim and brilliant red Fire-Dex heel wings increase visibility in any light
- E. 3D molded Vulcanized external rubber heel guard—bolsters and protects the ergonomically designed heel cup from abrasion, and high heat. Provides the same high level of abrasion resistance as the toe and outsole.
- F. 3D molded Vulcanized protective rubber toe guard—provides added grip and protects the composite toe cap from heat and abrasion when crawling, climbing or even kicking aside debris when necessary
- G. Toe and heel springs reduce or eliminate impact zones and create a proper walking pattern that reduces foot, leg, and back fatigue
- H. Heel guard grooves double an built-in boot jack, allowing you to safely and easily remove one boot using the toe of the other
- CrossTech® Footwear Fabric bootie by W.L. Gore— advanced technology provides durable, breathable, waterproof, and antiviral protection without compromising comfort or agility
- I. Crosstech Omaha Military Boot package with nylon inner liner. Waterproof, breathable, antiviral membrane is laminated to a polyester tricot and a nylon inner liner that wicks moisture away from the foot.
- Stroble bootie construction uses circumferential stitching to create a flat on-piece sole that eliminates seams under the foot; it’s cemented down to the bottom of the boot to prevent pullout of the inner liner
- J. Shaft lined with 580g of Polyfelt for additional cushioning and effective, lightweight insulation, provides durable lightweight insulation between leather outer and CrossTech moisture barrier.
- K. 200g of Kevlar by DuPont in foot cavity provides today’s most innovative thermal and cut resistant barrier
- L. Composite protective toe cap protects without the weight or conductivity of steel. Complies with NFPA/CSA/ANSI Specifications
- Multi density footbed with engineered orthotic sock liner; reduces foot, leg, and back fatigue
- Antibacterial, moisture wicking fabric helps keep feet dry and odor free
- Nano printing technology reduces slippage that causes blisters; gently massages foot to promote circulation to the foot and legs too
- Deep molded heel cup for ultra stability; corrects overpronation
- EVA memory foam will take the shape of the foot over time, creating a cradle effect for perfect fit
- Energy Return Polyurethane Foam adds superior shock absorption; cushions and cradles the foot for comfort; aids proper body alignment to reduce foot, leg, and back fatigue
- Full (NFPA) Height: 14"
- Water-proof Height: 11"(to base of pull-on loops
- Weight: Approx 5 lbs per pair (size 9.5 med)
TFS TIPS: Get the right size.
Fire-Dex cement sole boots tend to run slightly large to comfortably accommodate heavier socks and the normal changes your feet go through during the course of a long, active day in the heat of a fire scene. If you prefer to wear thinner socks, or like a more snug fit, order your boots ½ size smaller than you normally wear.
- Lenzi composite puncture resistant fabric complies with CSA and NFPA; provides flexible protection against sharp objects underfoot
- 5” x ¾” triple ridge steel inner Ladder Shank adds rigidity where it’s needed to support and protect the arch
- Elastomer performance gel at the ball of the foot and the heel; absorbs and disperses impact energy over a wider area for more effective impact protection where it’s needed most. Dampens damaging impact to the foot, helping to prevent vibrations up the leg and into the lower back.
- Vibram® Fire & Ice cement outsole developed especially for Fire-Dex, provides extraordinary durability, and superior all-temperature traction on ladders, stairs, and very wide range of surfaces—indoors or out, hot or cold, wet or dry.
- Extra wide heel and sole platform, combines with large, but deep lugs to provide more surface area for additional stability, even on loose surfaces
- Rugged diamond plated ladder shank area increases traction when climbing ladders
- Molded Cement Outsole with Articulating Louvers provides additional traction to the medial side of the foot
- Red no skid pattern with 3D lugs releases water from beneath the outsole, to help reduce slippage in wet conditions