All the bells and whistles needed for life on the battlefield and in everyday urban use.
- Total capacity is over 1600 cubic inches
- Quick release padded non-slip shoulder strap
- Main compartment contains numerous internal accessory pockets
- Compatible with hydration systems up to 100oz/3L
The Monsoon GearSlinger is Maxpedition’s large size single shoulder pack with over 1600 total cu. in. of total capacity. The quick release padded non-slip shoulder strap has two separate sets of PALS webbing for attachment of accessories. Based on a triangular design, the main compartment contains numerous internal accessory pockets. There is a small internal pocket for iPod or Walkman with rubberized head-phone port. Contents are protected by a padded front cover which is secured by a 2" Q.R. buckle while contents are secured by two crisscrossed compression straps. On one side there are three rows of PALS webbing over a flat concealed pocket while the other side sport a water bottle pocket capable of holding a 32oz/1L Nalgene bottle. A 1.5" adjustable waist strap provides additional support and security; this waist strap can be stowed away in a built-in small elastic pocket. There are drain hole grommets throughout and three high airflow islands to keep your back cool.
- Dimensions (main compartment) : 18" (High) Tapers from 16" wide at base to 6" wide at top.
- Total Capacity: Over 1600 cu. in.
- Hydration (two): Up to a 100oz/3L CamelBak reservoir (rear hydration pocket), 32oz/1L Nalgene (side pouch) (sold separately)
- Shoulder Support : Wide shoulder strap (tapers from 4.5" to 3")
- Waist Support : Concealable 1.5" waist strap
- Empty Weight: 2.8 lbs
- Optional accessories : Hook & Loop Modular Accessories, Grimloc Carabiner
The Monsoon is compatible with hydration systems up to 100oz/3L reservoir (e.g. Camelbak HotShot). The hydration pocket is also equipped with loop side VELCRO® brand for attachment of their hook & loop modular accessories such as #3501 Universal Modular Holster.
The GearSlinger series is their premium line of single shoulder packs that bridge the design/functional gap between their classic double shoulder strap Backpacks and their uniquely innovative Versipacks. The single shoulder design allows faster on-and-off, particularly over LBV and body armor and are superior to backpacks in terms of balance and comfort when using a single strap. While there are other "messenger" bags on the market, Maxpedition promises a much more durable product with all the bells and whistles needed for life on the battlefield and in everyday urban use. You can expect the Maxpedition quality and "thoughtfulness" you have come to depend upon and love.
- 1000-Denier water and abrasion resistant light-weight ballistic nylon fabric
- Teflon fabric protector for grime resistance and easy maintenance
- YKK high strength zippers and zipper tracks
- UTX-Duraflex nylon buckles for low sound closures
- Triple polyurethane coated for water resistance
- High tensile strength nylon webbing
- High tensile strength composite nylon thread (stronger than industry standard nylon thread)
- #AS-100 high grade closed-cell foam padding material for superior shock protection
- Internal seams taped and finished
- Paracord zipper pulls
- Stress points double stitched, Bartacked or "Box-and-X" stitched for added strength
- Their nylon fabric is treated with Dupont Teflon for superb water and grime resistance.
- To clean, simply wipe down with a damp cloth. Allow gear to dry naturally.
- Do not machine wash.
- Do not use detergent or bleach.
Maxpedition Hard-Use Nylon Gear is designed and constructed to withstand extreme conditions; in other words, they expect you to USE IT HARD in demanding situations and environments. The company originated as a builder of premium-grade military equipment and, having honed our design and manufacturing abilities over many years with real life feedback from serious users, they are now applying the same materials and workmanship to their full range of products which can and have been taken to the limit.
Maxpedition Hard-Use Nylon Gear is used by military, police, and outdoor professionals around the world whose lives are dependent on reliable and durable tools. Maxpedition packs and cases are included on their list of preferred equipment. With their reputation growing faster than ever in the North American market, Maxpedition has become the brand of choice for people who appreciate well-crafted carry gear. Their clients represent a diverse demographic, from extreme sportsman to digital graphics artist, yet they all have one thing in common: they expect the best.
Maxpedition was established in 1988 as a small workshop fabricating hard-use military specification nylon gear. The main corporate facility is based in Gardena, CA. With growth in international reputation, Maxpedition has become even more self-demanding; pursuing the most user-friendly designs, using the highest quality materials and meticulous workmanship, and upholding their strong philosophy of constant self-improvement.