THE PIG is 8 pounds of total fire ground domination!
- Made of S-5 grade tool steel and developed by a firefighter
- Combines the two working ends of the flat-head and the pick-head axe
- Choose 26”, 28”, 32” or 36" notched or non-notched (the 32" and 36" versions marry perfectly with the Firehooks 30" Pro-Bar PB-30 see related products below)
- Length of handle is total length of the tool
- Perfect for roof ventilations, forcible entry, breaching walls, and breaking locks
- Note: Does not come with Halligan bar
THE PIG is an innovative and beautifully simple, fire service tool that was developed by an experienced Austin, Texas firefighter. THE PIG combines the two working ends of the flat-head and the pick-head axe. Ask yourself- How often do firefighters actually use the cutting edge of a fire service axe? Firefighting has evolved and THE PIG has arrived to devour every assignment in its path.
THE PIG is 8 pounds of total fire ground domination! Combining proven attributes of a flat-head and pick-head axe, THE PIG is the most versatile tool on the fire ground. Roof ventilations, forcible entry, saving your own, breaching walls, and breaking locks are just the start of its capabilities. THE PIG can also be used for overhaul, and is great for pulling down drywall, shiplap, lathe and plaster, and trim. THE PIG is the single most capable hand tool on the fire ground. When you arrive on scene, there will be no question what you will reach for… Grab THE PIG!
THE PIG is sure to become the “go-to” tool for roof ventilation. The flat-head side of the tool easily bashes through roofing material and is unquestionably faster than using the cutting edge of an axe. There is a good chance the hole will be done before the saw gets to the roof.
Use the 4.5″ pick of THE PIG to make indication holes and kerf cuts so you can read smoke conditions below you and to see what type of roof decking you are standing on. The Pig is great for skylight removal. Also, the pick side can be used to provide a foothold on a steep roof.
- Create gaps between the doorframe and the door during forcible entry
- Break and punch locks
- When used along with a Halligan, THE PIG can be used to force metal inward or outward swinging doors
- Remove burglar bars
- Breach walls of various types, including brick
- General Overhaul (Great for pulling down drywall, shiplap, lathe and plaster, and trim)
The PIG forcible entry tool is made of S-5 grade tool steel and may acquire some surface rust. In order to keep your PIG in the best possible shape and looking great, it is recommended to periodically buff the head with a scour pad, steel wool, or wire brush and coat the head of the tool with oil (3n1). WD40 works as well and you can also use carnauba wax to help prevent surface rust.