Ideal for use in high-risk environments where high impact/side impact situations are of concern
The MK8 Evolution® meets the ANSI Z89.1-2009 standard for Type II impact protection. However, it is also the only industrial safety helmet in the world at this time meeting and exceeding the new, tougher European standard EN14052, the biggest advance in industrial head protection in over 45 years.
The high-density EPS liner and ultra comfortable harness ensure maximum protection in the highest risk environments without compromising comfort.
But most importantly, MK8 Evolution® provides protection from SIDE IMPACTS and SIDE PENETRATION to the same level as ANSI Z89.1 Type I testing, with almost 20 times the coverage area.
- MK8 Evolution® hard hat
- Conforms to ANSI Z89.1-2009 Type II Class E, G, & C
- Demands side, front & rear protection to the same level as ANSI Z89.1 Type I testing, with almost 20 times the coverage area
- Offers side (lateral) impact and penetration protection
- Expanded Polystyrene (EPS) Impact Liner helps absorb the forces of impact
- High-Density Polyethylene (HDPE) shell
- Deluxe polyester strap suspension with crown pad webbing
- Ratchet size adjustment for true “one size fit all”
- Universal accessory slots
- One size fits all: 6-5/8 - 8
- Weight: 19.3 oz | 550 g
- Conforms to ANSI Z89.1-2009 Type II Class E
Ideal for use in high-risk environments where high impact/side impact situations are of concern, such as construction, mining, oil & gas, demolition, high pressure jetting, energy companies and certain emergency services (FEMA & USAR).
- Shell: High Density Polyethylene
- Liner: Expanded Polystyrene
- Suspension: Polyester / Polyethylene
- Sweatband: Microfiber
The unit may be cleaned with soap and warm water and dried with a soft cloth. The helmet should not be cleaned with chemical or abrasive cleaners. The helmet should be stored out of direct sunlight, away from chemicals and not exposed to extremes of temperature.