Innovative PacMule Harness features snap-on leg loops for faster, easier donning and doffing than any Class II spec Harness on the market.
What is the "life expectacy" of the PacMule Harness?
The manufacturer recognizes no specific life expectancy. However, the harness should be inspected before each use. If the harness or its components show any sign of excessive wear or deterioration, it should be removed from service and destroyed.
Exceeds NFPA standards for Ladder/Escape belts and Class II Harnesses
- Fast and Easy Donning
- Can be attached to bunker pants using loops available from most turn-out gear manufacturers.
- Detachable leg straps
- Aluminum, 3-Stage locking Pompier hook with 2” side opening gate (NFPA General Use Carabiner classified by UL) weighs less than 11 oz.
- Extremely lightweight.
- Sturdy, lightweight nylon webbing 1 ¾” wide stitched with high tenacity nylon thread.
- Easy waist belt operation, just engage steel snap hook and D-ring.
- Heavy duty hardware and construction throughout
- Leg harness design allows stable positioning and secure rappelling during rope escape situations
- Heavy-duty 18” nylon lanyard is permanently attached to the belt’s bailout ring in compliance with NFPA standards for Personal Escape/Ladder Belts.
- Quick-release steel ladder hook carabiner with 2” gate opening; permanently attached to belt webbing for added ladder safety
- 1-1/2” Belt webbing rated at 6,000 lb.
- Ladder Hook and lanyard webbing meet OSHA & ANSI Type II Standards
- PacMule Escape and Ladder Belts are constructed to meet or exceed NFPA specifications
- Waist Sizes Available: Medium 28”–33”; Large 34"–40", X-Large 42"–50", XX-Large 52"
PLEASE NOTE: ORDER YOUR REGULAR WAIST SIZE - PACMULE MAKES THE ALLOWANCE FOR YOUR BUNKER GEAR!
Are there any fire service "standards" that define how long harnesses should be
No. There is a "voluntary" ANSI standard, which states that the life expectancy of a harness shall be 5 years from the date of first use and 6 years from date manufacture. ANSI does have standards for the industrial workplace/workers.
How can I inspect my PacMule Harness?
A visual inspection is required before each use. You are checking for mildew, wear, damage, and other deterioration. Buckles, Drings, snap hooks shall not be distorted or have any sharp edges, burrs, cracks, worn parts or corrosion. All webbing shall be free of frayed or broken fiber, pulled stitches, tears, abrasions, mold, burns or discoloration. Defective components shall be removed from service.
Does the PacMule Harness come with a warranty?
JL2 Inc. provides a warranty against manufacturer defects. The warranty excludes excessive wear and misuse.