A longtime favorite of U.S. Special Forces groups .
The ESS Profile TurboFan™ is better and tougher than ever. Following a series of vast improvements, the ProfileTurboFan™ represents one of the most effective night-vision-compatible weapon against lens fogging.
Powered by a single AA battery, the TurboFan™ system draws fresh airflow in through the lower edge of the goggle frame and forces humid air out the top at around 13,000 rpm. Even when perspiration or temperatures are extreme, this two-speed system will exhaust humidity and dramatically reduce lens fogging for over 150 hours of continuous operation (low speed).
This improved fog-elimination system features the robust PowerPod™ battery pack, now with a push-button switch and repositioned near the back of the head for snag-free operation. New technology provides constant fan speeds as battery power diminishes, and an "Auto-off" timer shuts down the fan system to preserve battery life if accidentally left on. Water-resistant casing facilitates all-weather operation.
The extra-thick, 2.8mm polycarbonate lenses offer maximum impact protection and 100% UVA/UVB filtration. ESS' advanced ClearZone™ FlowCoat lens treatments provide the optimal combination of anti-scratch coatings on the outside of the lenses and anti-fog coatings on the inside.
The Profile TurboFan™ is U.S. Federal OSHA compliant, and meets and exceeds ANSI Z87.1-2010, the U.S. Military .22 caliber ballistic impact test MIL-DTL-43511D (Clause 3.5.10), and CE EN 166.
All Profile™ Series lenses provide 100% UVA/UVB protection and distortion-free optical clarity. Profile™ Series Laser Protective Lenses (LPLs) are available.
The Profile TurboFan™ is compatible with the ESS U-Rx™ and P-2B™ Rx Inserts.
- Fan-powered anti-fog system exhausts humidity at 13,000 rpm
- Rugged PowerPod runs fan for 150 hours on a single AA battery
- Low-profile night-vision-compatible frame with wide field of view
- Anti-microbial OpFoam face padding increases comfort and fit
- Advanced ESS ClearZone flowCoat lenses eliminate fog inside and prevent scratches outside
- Full-perimeter ventilation and filtration system minimizes lens fogging and filters airborne particles
- Patented outriggers position strap for optimal helmet compatibility
- Interchangeable 2.8mm high-impact polycarbonate lenses
- Distortion-free optics and 100% UVA/UVB protection
- RX inserts available
This goggle has not been certified as Intrinsically Safe and should not be used in explosive atmospheres or other areas where Intrisically Safe devices are required.