The Nitex® Pro. The world’s premiere firefighting light from Underwater Kinetics.
Certified for use in Class 1 Division 2 hazardous locations, the Nitex® Pro is the premiere choice among helmet mounted lights for firefighters. The light was built to specifications requested by firefighters, including a helmet clip that allows the user to easily remove the light from the clip for use as a handheld light.
The unbreakable nylon helmet clip fits close to the brim to minimize entanglement issues associated with low hanging wires, limited access doorway frames, and other confined spaces. This makes it an exceptionally flexible and versatile solution for lighting dangerous situations.
- Proprietary Compound Path Optics (CPO) permits high efficiency and compact size
- Thermal Recovery System recycles heat from the LED to warm batteries for improved performance in low temperatures
- Beam pulses briefly to indicate low battery level (when battery below 10% capacity)
- Waterproof design for all weather use
- Beam produces a bright spot with almost no peripheral light so nearby personnel are not affected
- Large push button switch works with heavy gloves
- Powered by a rechargeable lithium ion battery (in an emergency, light can be powered with 2 lithium CR123 cells)
- Light is recharged with drop-in stand in less than 4 hours
- Optional 12 VDC adapter available for charger stand
- UK helmet mounting clips easily attach the light to any hard hat or fire helmet
- High impact ABS, LEXAN®, polyurethane rubber and aluminum construction for durability
- Proudly made in the USA
- Comes with Charger, Helmet Clip and AC Power Supply
The light puts out an impressive 90 lumens in a tight, focused beam, and is exceptionally lightweight for how bright of a beam it produces. Nitex® Pro features UK’s proprietary Compound Path Optics (CPO) technology, which reduces glare and improves visibility in smoke-filled environments. As a further innovation, the light includes a special circuit which causes the beam to pulse briefly when the battery gets down to 10% capacity.
The Nitex® Pro is built in the USA with high impact ABS, LEXAN polyurethane rubber and aluminum construction for maximum durability – like all UK lights it will last for years. In spite of its small size, it is a truly rugged light that can withstand the hardest environments. Thanks to UK’s proprietary Thermal Recovery System (TRS), which recycles the heat from the LED to the batteries, the light also performs in very low temperatures, making it a truly all-weather light. Naturally, it is also fully waterproof.
The Compound Path Optics (CPO) technology creates a tight, focused beam that produces almost no peripheral light (or “spill light”), meaning nearby personnel are not affected by the light and it does not reflect back to the user from heavy smoke, particulate or water vapor. The Nitex Pro easily attaches to helmets or hard hats with a UK helmet mounting clip.
- Dimensions: 4.6" x 1.4" x 1.4" (11.7 cm x 3.6 cm x 3.6 cm)
- Battery Type: Lithium Disposable / Rechargeable
- Lamp Type: High intensity white LED
- Battery Description: Rechargeable Lithium Ion
- Burn Time (Rechargeable): 4 hrs.
- Light Output (Rechargeable): 90 lumens
- Weight: 3.6 oz. (102 g)
- Beam Distance: 500 ft. (152 m)
- Enclosure Protection: IP67
- Depth Rating: 10 ft. (3 m)
A reliable, versatile light is an essential tool for firefighters.
- ETL Class I Div 2
- AMERICAN standard (ISA STD 12.12.01, UL STD 783 & CERTIFIED TO CSA STD C22.2 NO. 213.)
- ETL (US, Canada) Approved
- CL I, II, III DIV 2 GROUP A-D, F, G
Sometimes the job requires the versatility of a handheld light. In this situation, right angle lights are difficult to take on and off from the bunker gear jacket. However, the Nitex Pro is designed to remove easily from the helmet for handheld use, such as checking for fuel leaks or looking into a tight confined space. It can be quickly reattached to the fire helmet with a one-handed motion – even when wearing a heavy-duty firefighting glove. The light also has a push-button switch, designed to be easy to turn on or off while wearing heavy gloves.
Single Station Charging Stand
The Nitex® Pro Rechargeable is powered by rechargeable lithium ion batteries. The light comes with a drop-in charger station that makes recharging simple and quick, fully charging the battery in less than four hours. An optional 12 VDC adapter is also available for the charger stand. In an emergency, the light can also be powered with 2 lithium CR123 cells.
The charging stands have a light indicator that is blue when power on, red when charging, and green when fully charged.
The UK difference in Smoke
The often-cited downside to a helmet-mounted light is the frequent blinding of coworkers and surrounding personnel. Especially with other company's multiple LED band style lights, the light is disseminated indiscriminately, causing temporary blinding which is hazardous to everyone around you.
Traditional flashlight reflectors have a beam similar to the high beam on your car. The stray light which is not in the center beam bounces back at the driver in conditions such as fog, rain, snow, and smoke. Your high beams will also blind other drivers. UK CPO optics are built like the fog lights you find on your car. Similarly, UK's special CPO optics cut through these poor conditions and seldom cause a problem for others.
UK’s CPO system concentrates the light into a tight, focused beam. The user can control the beam to prevent shining it into the eyes of coworkers. As a secondary benefit, the CPO system dramatically reduces the amount of reflected glare created by smoke, steam, dust, and particulates in the air. Although no product can entirely cut through smoke, the Nitex® Pro Rechargeable helps you see further in compromised environments. It also makes the user easier to see for others in smoky conditions.