Turn unit ON and extend the telescoping sensor probe. Allow several minutes for warm up and scan
area of concern. If a hydrocarbon is present, a deflection of the meter will occur, followed by a series of beep tones in synchronism with two indicator lights (Red LEDs). The Model 850 is equipped with a High and Low Sensitivity range. High Sensitivity permits detection of extremely small amounts of hydrocarbons. Low Sensitivity permits meter indication in areas of high concentration, which aids in
pinpointing the source. The Model 850 telescoping sensor probe permits easy access into hard to reach areas. An optional 10’ extension cord for the sensor is available. This extension cord is useful for lowering into inspection pipes and other confined spaces.
- Two modes of operation; High or low sensitivity
- Sensor; Solid state plug-in type, housed in a protective guard mounted at end of telescoping probe.
- Meter readout; Provides visual indication of relative concentrations of hydrocarbons
- Displays; Audio and visual indication of the detection of accelerants and gases. A yellow "purge" indicator and red "sensor / detection" indicators.
- Electronic purge; Permits quick recovery of sensor element
- Mute switch; turns off audio tones and permits discreet investigation
- Telescoping probe with sensor guard; Sensor guard mounted at end of telescoping probe which extends to 45" and retracts to 19" for easy storage
- Power; Two nickel cadmium rechargeable batteries, each battery providing 3 hours of operation. Second battery is accessed by switching from "A" to "B" with battery transfer switch
- Housing; Chrome-finished steel enclosure wthat measures 5¾" long, 2½" wide, weight 2lbs 7 oz.
- Applications; Arson investigation, site survey, methane outgassing (landfills), leaking underground storage tanks, general purpose gas detection
- Made in U.S.A.