Clear Gear Sports Spray is a complete ready-to-use spray that cleans disinfects and deodorizes all types of athletic equipment and gear in one easy step.
Developed out of both necessity and a painful firsthand experience, Clear Gear, an EPA approved disinfectant and deodorizing spray, was invented with one goal in mind: to help prevent the spread of illness and disease by killing dangerous germs.
When used as directed, Clear Gear Sports Spray works by killing dangerous bacteria and inhibiting the growth of mold and mildew. It is a one-step disinfectant cleaner and deodorizer that is a virucide and fungicide. It is effective against a broad spectrum of bacteria, including Strep, Staph, MRSA, AIDS, Hepatitis, and H1N1. Clear Gear Sports Spray can be used on helmets, boots, gloves, ballistic vests, stretchers, ambulance benches, training manikins, exercise equipment, shower and bath areas, and locker rooms.
Clear Gear is the perfect disinfectant for firefighting, law enforcement, EMS, and home & office use.
- EPA Approved
- Safe On Skin
- Kills Odors
- Ready to Use
- Water Based
- Perfect for: Firefighters, Law Enforcement, EMS, Home & Office
- Use on: Helmets, boots, gloves, ballistic vests, stretchers, ambulance benches, training manikins, exercise equipment, shower & bath areas and locker rooms
| Octyl decyl dimethyl ammonium chloride
| Dioctyl dimethyl ammonium chloride
| Didecyl dimethyl ammonium chloride
| Alkyl (C14, 50%; C12, 40%; C16, 10%)
dimethyl benzyl ammonium chloride
The Center for Disease Control (CDC) consistently releases reports on diseases and infections such as Strep, Staph, and MRSA. Not only are these potentially serious infections, but if left untreated, they could also prove deadly.
The CDC reports that Group A Strep bacteria, also known as “the flesh eating bacteria” tops 11,500 cases each year while claiming an average of 2,000 lives annually.
Staphylococcus (Staph) claims roughly 19,000 lives a year or 1 in every 10 hospitalized patients with the disease.
A recently published study in the Journal of the American Medical Association suggested that Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (MRSA) is responsible for nearly 18,000 deaths each year.
These three infections alone claimed over twice as many lives as the AIDS Virus. Clear Gear believes that’s 39,000 lives too many. As a virucide, Clear Gear also kills AIDS, Hepatitis, H1N1, and more.
How to use:
Clear Gear Disinfectant Sports Spray is EPA tested and approved for use as a cleaner, deodorizer, virucidal, fungicidal and disinfectant spray. It has earned the EPA’s lowest toxicity score and because it’s water-based and contains no harsh chemicals, it is effective for use by just about everyone.
Clear Gear Disinfectant Sports Spray is proven effective yet non-irritating to skin. However, as with any other product designed to protect and kill unwanted germs, viruses and bacteria, common sense and caution should always be applied when using.
Clear Gear Disinfectant Sports Spray is intended for external use only. Avoid intentional inhalation of the spray and if product gets into your eyes, you may flush your eyes with cool water.
Clear Gear Disinfectant Sports Spray is only recommended for certain use in California and is not intended for use on surgical instruments. *For Disinfection, Virucidal, Fungicidal and Mildew Control, hold your bottle or applicator 6-8 inches from the intended surface and simply spray until thoroughly wet and allow to air dry, usually no more than 10 minutes.
*For Influenza Virus Type A and Human Coronavirus
Hold your bottle or applicator 6-8 inches from the intended surface and spray. After a minute or so, you may wipe with a clean cloth, sponge or mop or allow to simply air dry.
*For Use as a Fungicide
Hold your bottle or applicator 6-8 inches away from the intended surface and simply spray and walk away. Clear Gear Disinfectant Sports Spray is an easy one-step process when used against Trichophyton mentagrophytes in areas including locker rooms, dressing rooms, shower and bath areas as well as exercise facilities.
*For Use on Mold and Mildew
Hold your bottle or applicator 6-8 inches away from the intended surface and simply spray and walk away. You may use every 7 days for maintenance or more often if any new growth should appear.
*For Cleaning and Deodorizing
Apply to intended surfaces with a clean cloth, mop or sponge. Do no dilute. Allow to air dry.
*It is a violation of Federal law to use this product in an manner inconsistent with its labeling.
As a disinfectant, Clear Gear Sports Spray kills:
- Staph (Staphylococcus Aureus)
- Strep (Streptococcus pyogenes)
- MRSA (Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus)
- MRSA (Community Associated Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus NRS 384)
- MRSA (Community Associated Methicillin Resistant Staphylococcus Aureus NRS 123)
- Staphylococcus aureus (Multi Drug Resistant)
- Staphylococcus aureus (Vancomycin Intermediate Resistant)
- E Coli (Escherichia coli)
- Salmonella (Salmonella schottmuelleri)
- Salmonella (Salmonella typhi)
- Salmonella (Salmonella enteric)
- Legionnaires Disease (Legionella pneumophilia)
- Listeria (Listeria monocytogenes)
- Shigella (Shigella dysenteriae)
- Pseudomonas (Pseudomonas aeruginosa)
- Pseudomonas (Pseudomonascepacia)
- Acinetobacter (Acintobacter baumannii)
- Serratia marcescens
- Brevibacterium (Brevibacterium ammoniagenes)
- Campylobacter (Campylobacter jejuni)
- Enterobacter aerogenes
- Enterococcus faecalis
- Enterococcus faecalis (VRE Vancomycin resistant)
- Escherichia Coli (ESBL)
- Klebsiella (Klebsiella pneumonia)
- Cholera (Vibrio Cholerae)
- HIV-1 (AIDS Virus)
- SARS (Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome)
- Hepatitis B Virus
- Vaccinia (Pox Virus)
- Hepatitis C Virus
- H1N1 (Pandemic 2009 H1N1 Influenza A)
- Herpes Simplex Virus Type 1
- Herpes Simplex Virus Type 2
- Human Coronavirus
- Influenza Virus Type A (Brazil Influenza)
- Aspergillus niger
- Influenza Virus Type A (Hong Kong Influenza)
- Norwalk Virus
- Trichophyton mentagrophytes (Athlete’s Foot Fungus/cause of Ringworm)
- RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus)