Need Laminar Air Flow (LAF) but want the convenience of an electric unit?
Paired with Tempest's latest VS Drive, the Tempest Special Operations Power Blower delivers just what you've been looking for.
Featuring it's signature frame design, tapered shroud, specialized outlet grille and more, this SP delivers a high velocity (LAF) air pattern powered by Tempest's GFCI compatible, NEMA 4 rated VS (variable speed) drive.
The entire unit is controlled by a simple on/off toggle and 0-100 power rheostat, providing easy to use rapid operation and control.
Laminar Air Flow (LAF)
Laminar flow is a technical term used to describe fluids which flow in parallel layers with no disruption in between. The new Tempest Special Operations (SP) Power BlowerTM mimics this effect with air flow by using a specially designed grille and shroud.
Fires in large, complex structures as well as multilevel structures tend to build high back pressures inside the building. LAF’s high pressure air pattern is capable of penetrating these back pressures resulting in uninhibited PPV.
LAF is most effective with:
- Commercial Structures (>5,000 sq. ft.)
- High-Rise Structures & Stairwells
- Complex Structures
- Increased Set Back (8' - 10')
This item is excluded from shipping promotions. Special handling fees and freight quotes may still be required.
Specialized Outlet Grille
- Type: Positive Pressure Ventilation Fan - Laminar Air Flow
- CFM: 13,338
- Variable Speed Electric - 2.0 HP Motor
- GFCI Compatible: Designed to Run on 15 AMP Circuit - Actual Draw Approx. 14 AMP
- NEMA 4 Rated
- 110V / 60Hz Standard
- Blade: 18" Diameter Assembly Made Up of 7, Air Flex Fiberglass Reinforced Polyamide Blades
- Shroud: "SP" Design, Tapered Aluminum w/ Durable Powder-Coat Finish
- Grille: Continuous Circular Wound, Flattened Zinc-Plated Steel w/ 6 Tie Points for Additional Safety
- Meets UL & European CE Safety Standards
- Frame: Welded Square Steel Tubing w/ Durable Powder-Coat Finish
- Dimensions: 21.75" x 21.5" x 25.75"
- Weight: 105 lbs
- Tilt: Manual Set Foot Operated Dual "Winning Step"
- Six Position Tilt: +15°, +10°, +5°, 0°, -5°, -10°
- Wheels: 8" Non-Pneumatic w/ Steel Hubs
with flat rings significantly reduces the turbulence of the air coming off the impeller blades. Turbulence robs air of energy, reducing pressure. Less turbulence means air is carried farther and more pressure is created inside the structure.
Cone Air Flow fan placement has always been 4 to 6 feet from the doorway. The SP fan is most effective at a set-back of 8 to 10 feet using Laminar Air Flow, allowing improved personnel access. The grille and shroud designs make high performance at this distance possible.
The Roll Cage Frame
protects the engine, shroud and the operator. If the fan falls backwards, the frame and back wheels touch the ground, instead of the engine. If it falls forward, the lifting handles and front legs touch the ground, not the shroud. This frame design also provides added protection for the operator by making it easier to lift and carry.
Rear Wheel Design
improves the blower balance while it is rolling, keeping the shroud from touching the ground and making deployment easy across snow, heavy mud or rough, uneven terrain. Tempest blowers have no need for wheel brakes. This in turn removes the chance for forgetting to set/release the brakes.
The Dual Winning Step
– on the right and left side — allows the operator to quickly adjust the air pattern direction with either foot, without having to bend over and risking back injury. Six positions allow for greater shroud tilting, as well as forward tilting for venting down stairwells.
Blower handle features an information bar that includes the set up and starting instructions, and safety precautions for faster and safer operation.