Constructed by firefighters for use in interior firefighting conditions, the Fire Cam 1080 Fire Helmet Camera stands out as the greatest High Definition (HD) fire helmet camera ever produced by Fire Cam.
Capable of recording in 1080p (1920 x 1080) and 720p (1280 x 720) HD with a wide-angle lens, its compact size (32mm x 104mm, weighs 4 ounces) used in conjunction with the BlackJack Fire Helmet Mount permits easy attachment to any style of helmet. The Camera is comprised of heat-resistant, anodized aluminum coupled with a heat-resistant glass lens designed solely for interior firefighting.
The 1080 HD Fire Cam can withstand temperatures over 900 degrees Fahrenheit for brief periods of time and 2000 degree flash temperatures. Its water-resistant sound cap can record audio, which allows firefighters to hear everything around them, including radio traffic. The camera’s accompanying waterproof cap allows the camera to be water-resistant up to depths of 33 feet. It is not to be used for concrete training towers nor flashover chambers due to the constant exposure to high temperatures for extended periods of time.
Additional features include:
- A pair of rechargeable batteries, a USB cable, and a battery charger
- Blackjack Helmet Mount
- 16GB card
- Spare waterproof O rings and an instructional manual
- Choose from the camera’s several viewing options:
- 1080p allows shooting at 30 fps, resulting in crystal-clear HD video
- 720p to shoot at 60 fps for fantastic slow-motion shots
Numerous upgrades have been made to the camera, including:
- A higher-quality HD sensor that enables excellent video quality
- A wide-angle view
- More effective performance under dimly lit conditions
- A 20% battery-power increase over the older model
- The option to date and time stamp recorded footage
- It can capture photos – ideal for assisting in investigations
“Autosave” feature records and splits each recording and saves intermittently every 5, 10, 15, 20, or 30 minutes based upon user settings.