Take on a gamut of changeable conditions and activities with just one pair of versatile eyewear.
OSHA rated occupational eye protection also meets U.S. military ballistic standards for combat eyewear.
Wiley X ultra protective eyewear uses the world’s most durable and lightweight materials: shatterproof Selenite™ polycarbonate lenses with scratch resistant T-Shell™ Hardcoat and virtually indestructible Triloid™ nylon frames. Wiley X: the only premium performance sunwear manufacturer whose entire line is safety rated.
Frames and lenses must withstand the impact of a .25 inch diameter steel ball fired at 150 fps (ANSI) or .15 projectiles fired at 640-660 fps (spectacle VO Ballistic). Goggles must withstand .22 projectiles fired at a rate of 550-560 fps. This ensures Wiley X lenses and frames are practically indestructible.
Ordinary lenses can distort objects viewed from a distance. As measured in tests utilizing the NBS Pattern 20, Wiley X lenses provide a clear view. Inferior lenses can alter the true size of objects, as if looking through another person’s prescription lens. Wiley X ANSI rated lenses maintain true relative object size. It is common for ordinary lenses to bend light, causing focal objects to appear off center. Wiley X ANSI rated lenses provide a true spatial relationship of objects in the field of view.
Smoke Grey Lenses:
- Meets GL-PD 10-12 MCEP Standard, superseding MIL-PRF-31013 Ballistic Standard
- Patented adjustable Saber temples can be customized for length or replaced with tactical strap
- 3.0mm Selenite Polycarbonate interchangeable lenses for distortion-free clarity
- Ultra Foam Brow Bar prevents debris and sweat from entering field-of-view
- Available lenses:
- Shatterproof Selenite™ Polycarbonate Lenses that Meet the MIL-PRF-32432(GL) Ballistic Standards. ANSI Z87.1-2010 High Velocity and Mass Impact Standards, and EN 166 FT at High Speed at Temperature Extremes Standards, and US Federal OSHA 1910.133(b)(1)(i) Standards
- 100 Percent UVA/UVB Protection With Distortion Free Clarity
- T-Shell™ lens coating resists scratching in extreme environments
- Adjustable Take Flight Nose Piece Accommodates any Face/Nose Bridge
- Fully Adjustable Telescoping Temples Fit a Wide Variety of Head Sizes, Provides a Low Profile, Night Vision Goggle (NVG) Compatible
- Compatible with Wiley X's Prescription Lens Carrier (PTX), sold separately
- Case, and strap included
- Limited Lifetime Warranty
Maximum glare reduction. Won’t distort colors. Excellent in bright/glare conditions. Light transmission: 14%-20% depending on frame style, 12%-14% Polarized depending on frame style
Maximum light transmission. See precise color values. Hazy or overcast, dusk/dawn conditions. Light transmission: 89%