Package of Two LFP 123A Rechargeable Batteries
These two LFP 123A lithium-phosphate rechargeable batteries—which retain approximately 50% of their original capacity even after 500 charging cycles—will power SureFire illumination tools that use disposable 123A lithium batteries. The runtime of these LFP 123A lithium-phosphate batteries is about 50% of that provided by disposable 123A lithium batteries; maximum output levels are typically not affected. Use of these rechargeable batteries can result in a cost savings over time, depending on usage habits. Recharge only with AC/DC charger included with SF2R-KIT01, sold separately.
Warning: Do not use LFP 123A batteries with incandescent illumination tools.
- LFP 123A lithium-phosphate rechargeable batteries provide hundreds of charging cycles
- Use of LFP 123A batteries can result in cost savings over time, compared to disposable 123A lithium batteries
- AC/DC charger sold separately
As with disposable 123A lithium batteries, do not mix rechargeable LFP 123A lithium-phosphate batteries with other types or brands of batteries, including but not limited to 123A lithium batteries.
Rechargeable LFP 123A batteries are only to be used to power LED illumination products (built to use 123A lithium batteries) and NOT those featuring incandescent lamps. The initial elevated voltage of these rechargeable batteries, immediately after charging, may cause the filament contained within an incandescent lamp to break or “burn out."
There have been reported incidents of counterfeit and/or inferior-quality lithium batteries developing internal shorts that have led to fires and/or explosions. This has resulted in damage to the illumination tool and, in some rare cases, property damage and/or personal injury.
Customers are specifically WARNED against purchasing batteries from online-auction and other websites not authorized by SureFire, as these are known sources of counterfeit and/or inferior quality batteries. The use of counterfeit and/or inferior quality batteries could greatly reduce runtime and output performance, damage your SureFire illumination tool, constitute a safety hazard, and may void SureFire’s No-Hassle Promise.
SureFire brand batteries, and those rechargeable batteries sold directly by SureFire, are manufactured to strict quality standards specifically for use in high-performance, high-drain devices. All SureFire brand batteries contain built-in fault and heat protection for added safety.
For these reasons, SureFire specifies that you purchase competitively priced replacement batteries from SureFire or an authorized SureFire dealer. That way, quality and safety are guaranteed while prices are kept low—typically far lower than the retail price of comparable or questionable quality batteries—to accommodate the needs and safety of our valued customers.
SureFire performance claims are based on the use of SureFire batteries that initially ship with SureFire illumination tools. You may also use batteries from well-known manufacturers such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell® to ensure safe performance. These brands are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
Disposable lithium 123A, rechargeable LFP 123A, and rechargeable lithium-ion batteries can EXPLODE, CATCH FIRE, and/or CAUSE BURNS if disassembled, punctured, cut, crushed, short-circuited, incinerated, recharged (disposable cells only), or exposed to water, fire, or high temperatures.
To ensure optimal safety and performance:
Made in the U.S.A.
- DO NOT use any batteries advertised or promoted specifically for use in cameras, for photography, or for other low-drain purposes in SureFire illumination tools. Use only batteries labeled as safe to use in high-performance, high-drain devices that contain built-in fault and heat protection. Use of photographic type batteries can constitute a safety hazard, including risk of fire or explosion.
- DO NOT use counterfeit or inferior quality batteries in SureFire illumination tools (see above). Use only SureFire brand batteries purchased from surefire.com or from an authorized SureFire dealer, or from established, well-known manufacturers, such as Panasonic®, Energizer®, or Duracell®. These brands are registered trademarks of their respective companies.
- DO NOT place loose batteries in a pocket, purse, or other receptacle containing metal objects.
- DO NOT store batteries with hazardous or combustible material; store in a cool, dry, ventilated area.
- ALWAYS keep batteries away from children.
- REPLACE ALL batteries at the same time and DO NOT load batteries backwards. Follow the directions in the user manual and/or written on the SureFire illumination tool.
- ONLY USE rechargeable LFP 123A batteries in SureFire LED illumination tools designed to be powered primarily by disposable 123A lithium batteries, and use only those rechargeable batteries sold at surefire.com or from an authorized SureFire dealer, as these rechargeable cells are expressly for use in high-drain devices like SureFire flashlights and WeaponLights.
- DO NOT use rechargeable LFP 123A batteries in incandescent illumination tools; the initial elevated voltage after charging may burn out or break an incandescent lamp’s filament.
- NEVER attempt to recharge a disposable 123A lithium battery. Recharge lithium-ion and LFP 123A batteries only with their respective, designated chargers and per the charger’s directions.
- In the unlikely event 123A lithium or LFP 123A batteries catch fire, DO NOT attempt to put the fire out with water—use a Class D fire extinguisher or other smothering agent.
- In the unlikely event a lithium-ion battery catches fire, DO NOT attempt to put the fire out with water—use a Class A, B, or C fire extinguisher.
- Follow applicable laws and regulations for transport, shipping, and disposal of batteries. For details on recycling lithium, lithium-phosphate, and lithium-ion batteries, please contact a government recycling agency, your waste-disposal service, or visit reputable online recycling sources such as www.batteryrecycling.com.
- Failure to follow these warnings and/or directions could result in damage to your SureFire illumination tool that may not be covered by SureFire’s No-Hassle Promise.
SureFire has been committed to being a U.S. manufacturer. And throughout most of their history, Surefire products have been proudly marked as "Made in the U.S.A." Today, many SureFire products, including their best-in-class sound suppressors, hearing protection earplugs, rifle magazines, 123A lithium batteries, and pens are still marked that way. This means that these products are designed by American engineers, right here in the U.S. - in California - and all of the materials, components, and labor involved are also sourced from the U.S. This includes machining U.S. sourced aluminum into illumination tool bodies and components at their own Santa Ana turning center as well as assembling, testing, and shipping Surefire products from their facilities in Fountain Valley, California.
Surefire sound suppressors, rifle magazines, hearing-protection earplugs, 123A batteries, and pens are proudly Made in the U.S.A.
Surefire’s best-in-class flashlights, hands-free lights, and WeaponLights are also designed, machined, tested, and assembled in the U.S., but if even one component of their products is entirely or substantially made abroad, they cannot legally mark it as "Made in the U.S.A." In today's competitive global economy, and given Surefire’s mission of ensuring their best-in-class illumination products continue to stay that way, it's not possible to source every component from within the U.S. They do import a few components - most notably, the finest light emitting diodes (LEDs) from top-notch manufacturers outside the country - to incorporate into their products. All of that said, they do rely on as many American-made parts and components as possible, and the assembly of these components is done under Surefire’s watchful eye in the U.S. to ensure optimal quality. SureFire is an American company that employs hundreds of hardworking Americans and proudly serves those who venture into harm's way. They intend to keep it that way.
All SureFire illumination products are designed, perfected, and manufactured in the USA with the finest materials and components sourced worldwide.