The Fire Cam 1080 Wi-Fi Fire Helmet Camera® is a must have for any Firefighter, Fire Department, and other public-safety personnel.
The best feature about the Fire Cam Wi-Fi is that it can be controlled directly through your smartphone, using the free Fire Cam 1080 Wi-Fi App (available via the Google Play Store and the Apple App Store). As an added bonus, you can also download videos to your computer to edit before sharing with your fellow brothers and sisters, family, or friends.
When you launch the app on your phone, you can control the following on your camera:
- Start / stop recording
- Preview your live video
- Change video resolution
- Time lapse option
- Loop record option
- Change video segment time
- Select audio on/off
- Select date time stamp on/off
- Select image size: 12MP or 5MP
- Select auto power on/off
- Format SD card
You can even playback the videos via Wi-Fi from your camera directly on your smartphone, allowing you to review important footage while on scene and delete the files you don’t want without downloading them onto a computer.
- Higher Quality 1080 HD Sensor for amazing video
- A wider-angle view
- Better in low-light conditions
- Date and time stamp options available on the video
- Recording segments selectable in five-, 10-, or 15-minute increments
The small, compact Fire Cam 1080 Wi-Fi can record in 1080p and 720p high definition. Constructed of heat-resistant, anodized aluminum by firefighters, the camera can easily handle the hazardous conditions of interior firefighting. Incredibly durable, it can withstand torrid temperatures reaching 900 degrees Fahrenheit for a limited time, but usage in flashover chambers and concrete towers is not recommended, as it cannot endure extremely high temperatures for extended periods of time. Included with the camera is the BlackJack mount, a water-resistant sound cap (for audio), and a waterproof cap capable of going underwater for 33 feet.
Other accessories that come with the Fire Cam 1080 Wi-Fi are two spare rechargeable batteries, a USB cable, and a battery charger. Selecting 1080p on the camera lets you shoot at 30 fps, resulting in crystal-clear HD video, while selecting 720p lets you shoot at 60 fps for amazing slow-motion shots.
What to expect in your order:
- Fire Cam 1080 Wi-Fi HD Fire Helmet Camera: one of the only fire-helmet cameras specifically designed by fire cam for interior firefighting conditions
- A 16GB Class 10 Micro SDHC Card
- Two rechargeable batteries
- The BlackJack Fire Helmet Mount to mount the camera to any style of helmet
- Water-resistant cap for audio, used for firefighting, so you can hear everything, including radio traffic
- Waterproof no-audio cap used for underwater incidents (submergible up to 33 feet)
- USB cable for connecting to computer and charger
- AC wall charger
- Spare waterproof O-rings
- The Fire Cam damage warranty