The PAC IX style is a military approved hood.
PBI Gold Pac IX 22" Hood Military Spec, PBI Lenzing Inner Layer.
No matter what area of service you're in, no matter what the elements are, these hoods have unmatched performance which sets them apart in the field. Premium outer shell, breathable, rugged, and high performing. Inherently flame resistant with no harsh chemical treatments. Maintains performance values after laundering. Lightweight, flexible, supple fabric, finished to minimize shrinkage. Rib knit allows for stretch and shape retention.
US Navy/Coast Guard Specified Flash Hood (NSN#8415014627670)
- Shoulder inserts (gusset) for added shoulder protection
- Long length for optimum coverage
- Offering the most square inches of protection
- Wider width for air circulation keeping end user cooler
- Generous width and size means less fabric stretch
- The more surface area for moisture disbursement, the quicker moisture will evaporate, keeping end user dry!
- Maintains protective properties after washing
- MFA hoods offer the most square inches of protection!
Majestic Fire Apparel is a vertical manufacturer, knitting their own fire retardant materials for over 17 years. They knit, cut, sew, and ship, all from their location in PA
NFPA 1971, UL Certified. Meets or exceeds Cal/OSHA Standards.
View PBI Gold Material: PBI-Gold-outer-with-PBI-inner-1971-2013-Test-Data.pdf
- 2 Ply Head
- 2 Ply Apron
- Length: 22"
- Head length: 13"
- Bib Length: 9"
- Full face opening circular measurement: 4.7" - 5.7"
- Sewn with 1/2" elastic. Elastic is encapsulated in material and cover stitched
- Elastic Face Opening stretches to accommodate a circumference of at least 31" (800 mm) for ease of donning, snug fit, and proper seal with SCBA.
Generous width and size means less fabric stretch Binding of same fabric material to enhance design with a finished look
AIT (ADVANCED INSPECTION THREAD) Hoods
- 100% Nomex thread
- Head design with traditional center head seam (comfortable central seam)
- Safety lock cover stitch of seams
- Seam burst strength tests are unsurpassed in industry - 2x or 3x NFPA minimum!
regularly have thread that matches the color of the hood (white on white / black on black). When AIT is requested, we use a contrasting thread color, which is especially important for inspection of gear. Any compromise to thread, seams, stitching is easily detected with AIT thread.
On the label the area of PROPERTY OF: _____. Today every Majestic hood is manufactured with their NEW OWNER ID label. Simply identify your ownership with any permanent marker, directly on label.
Each hood comes individually labeled to identify fabric, hood style, lot # traceability, DOM, Cleaning and Storage Instructions, and UL Certification.
Users Information Guide:
Each hood has a Warnings & Users Information Guide attached with imperative information. Please review before wearing.