Class D Dry Powder Extinguisher with Wall Bracket
Model B570 contains a special blended Sodium Chloride based dry powder extinguishing agent. Heat from the fire causes it to cake and form a crust excluding air and dissipating heat from burning metal.
Metal fires involving magnesium, sodium, potassium and sodium-potassium alloys can be successfully extinguished with this extinguisher. There is data showing that zirconium, uranium, titanium, and powdered aluminum fires can be controlled and extinguished with this unique extinguisher.
- Six-year warranty
- Stored pressure design
- Dependable drawn steel cylinders
- Special corrosion-resistant yellow paint
- Class D color-coded finish
- All-metal valve construction
- Temperature range from -40°F to 120°F
- Unique soft flow extension applicator with built-in long-range nozzle
- Large loop stainless steel pull pin
- Bar coded and bilingual labels
The Amerex “soft flow” extension applicator is particularly suited for fighting Class D fires. It keeps the operator’s hands away from the extreme heat and prevents inhalation of toxic fumes caused by burning material.
The easily controlled, even discharge provides a non-dispersing application of the agent. The applicator may be quickly detached to provide a straight stream of chemical where greater range, a narrow discharge pattern or a lobbing effect is required.
- Magnesium Chips: 4 square feet and/or 6 lbs. of metal
- Sodium or Potassium Spill: 5 square feet and/or 5 lbs. of metal
- Sodium or Potassium Spill Depth Over 1/2”: 3 square feet and or 6 lbs. of metal
- Sodium Potassium Alloy Spill: 3 square feet and/or 2 lbs. of metal
Note: This item is excluded from shipping promotions. Special handling fees and freight quotes may still be required.