DS2 Two-Camera Vehicle Event Recording System: Cost-effective Driver and Vehicle Monitoring Solution
Safe, efficient vehicle operation is at the core of every fleet safety program. The DS2 combines high-definition video recording, fleet telematics and vehicle operating data to produce a compact, economical driver and vehicle monitoring system with no recurring fees.
A high-definition (HD) camera captures the road ahead while a second HD camera ensures driver and passenger safety. A built-in LED indicator gives drivers instant feedback to correct unsafe habits immediately. With the most powerful event reconstruction features of any dual-channel event recorder on the market, DS2 gives fleet managers rich event information to identify risks to driver and passenger safety, coach better driver performance and reduce collision, insurance, and fleet operating costs.
Powerful Event Reconstruction
High-quality video and telematics data combine to give fleet managers multi-channel video and audio, vehicle speed and location, path travelled, and driver behavior data on a single screen for better incident review and driver coaching.
Built for Fleets
Unlike low-cost consumer dash cameras, the DS2 was built for fleets with commercial-grade hardware, solid-state recording, intuitive video player and Seon’s legendary reputation for quality.
Small Footprint. Easy Install.
With no bulky digital video recorder (DVR), the DS2 camera is small enough to fit in the palm of your hand, allowing for quick and easy install behind the rear view mirror to prevent driver distraction or view obstruction.
- High-Quality Video: Two high-definition cameras with built-in audio deliver forward & cab-facing camera views.
- Safety Monitoring: Built-in G-force sensor records driving event such as harsh braking or high-speed turning.
- Solid State Recording: No moving parts with up to 466 hours of video/event data recording.
- Built for Fleets: Continuous or event-based recording with configurable inputs and alarms to support fleet workflows.
- Full Location History: Built-in GPS displays path travelled and vehicle location on a map synchronized with camera views.
- Super-Cap Power: Protects video recorded in case of sudden power loss such as an accident.
- Low-light Operation: Interior Camera features IR Illumination for improved night-time video.
- Dual Stream Video: A 2nd low res video stream enables video download and fast search.
- Fast Boot: Video starts recording within 10 seconds of start-up.
- Complete Event View: View cameras, GPS & telematics all on one screen.
- Smooth Playback: Up to 60 frame per second recording prevents ‘jumpy’ video playback.
- Easy Event Exports: Self-playing video with nothing to install make exported events easy to share.
- Recording Channels: 2 HD video, 2 audio
- Camera focal length: Camera 1 = 4.0mm, Camera 2 = 2.6mm
- Video Resolution: 720p or 360p progressive scan
- Second Stream Video Resolution: 360p or 180p progressive scan
- Maximum Frame Rate:
- Up to 25 FPS per camera; Camera 1 & Camera 2 @ 720p Main Stream (Second stream enabled)
- Up to 30 FPS per camera; Camera 1 & Camera 2 @ 720p Main Stream (Second stream disabled)
- Quality Settings: Adjustable, 8 levels; 1 (best) ~ 8 for alarm recording
- Overwrite modes: Auto overwrite, No overwrite, Minimum days (1 – 31)
- Display modes: Single camera or two cameras simultaneously
- Playback rate: Frame advance, FFD up to 16x, Slow FWD ½ to 1/16
- Search function: Time & Date, by channel, alarm
- User Configuration: via iOS or Android Mobile App
- On screen display: Time, speed, vehicle number, GPS, channel name, device ID, position
- Video Playback: MS Windows-based video player
- Media: SD Card, security cover (removable)
- Capacity: Up to 512 GB
- Network Interface: Wifi
- Sensor: 2 inputs active Hi or active Lo
- Voltage range: 8 – 32 VDC
- Transient protection: 700 W per signal input
- Forward Camera/Recorder: 98 x 58 x 37 mm
- Weight: 3 lbs (including two cameras, recorder, cabling and power source)
- Operating temperature: -40F to +158F (-40C to +70C)