Why a Particulate Hood?
As we learn more about the potentially harmful contaminants found at the fireground, the need for protection against those particulate hazards continues to grow. Wearing a particulate hood will give you the additional protection you need.
The GORE Particulate Hood provides excellent particulate blocking throughout the entire hood — not just in selected areas. In addition, this hood exceeds current NFPA 1971 requirements for thermal protection.
The unique design of the GORE Particulate Hood delivers a more comfortable, natural feel like you get when you wear a traditional hood.
As with all products from Gore, this long-lasting hood is exceptionally durable, retaining its level of particulate-blocking
performance for at least 100 wash cycles. The GORE Particulate Hood combines the expertise of the industry leader in barrier technology with the skill of one of the most respected hood manufacturers, Majestic Fire Apparel.
GORE Particulate PAC-II Ultra C6 FireFighter Hood
- NFPA 1971-2013 Edition and is UL Certified. Meets or exceeds Cal/OSHA Standards.
- 2-piece design with notched shoulders
- All seams are merrow stitched then top and bottom covered with a 5-thread cover stitch for extended durability
- Stitching color contrasts with hood color, enabling easy advanced inspection of thread stitching
- All bottom edges are bound and sewn with 100% Nomex® thread
- Black Gore Ultra C6 Carbon Knit
This hood design has protection and personal comfort in mind. With the black Gore Ultra C6 carbon fabric, advanced protection is available where it’s needed most. The advanced carbon tri-blend fabric was engineered to address the most demanding concerns and needs of the safety world. Its unique mix of fibers maximizes the inherent performance properties of each component to provide optimal comfort and advanced protection against extreme radiant heat, flame and even an electric arc. Meets or exceeds NFPA 1971-2013 Edition and is UL Certified. Meets or exceeds Cal/OSHA Standards. Universal sizing, one size fits all.
PACII NOMEX HOOD
Longer length notched shoulder certified
to NFPA 1971-2013 Notched shoulder for contoured fit (shoulders exposed).
This plain white Majestic hood is still the most popular in service today. Majestic fire hoods are manufactured with proven flame-resistant materials and pre-shrunk to minimize shrinkage. An elastic face opening ensures a snug fit around your face or SCBA mask. A Wider cut allows superior air circulation. All seams are merrow stitched, with the top and bottom covered with a 5-thread cover stitch for extended durability. All bottom edges are finished with a wear-resistant binding. Made to withstand years of hard use and laundering. 100% Nomex.
These Majestic hoods are UL certified and are compliant to meet the NFPA 1971-2013 standard of performance (Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting, 2013 Edition). Hoods also comply with Cal/OSHA standards.
PAC II Style Specs
PAC II Hood Specifications:
PAC II is available with notched shoulder
Download the Majestic Hood Warning and User Information Guide.
- Smooth fit in Majestic's most popular long bib design.
- Wider width for air circulation keeping end user cooler
- Generous width and size means less fabric stretch.
- The more surface area for moisture disbursement the quicker moisture will evaporate - keeping user dry.
- Maintains protective properties after washing
- MFA hoods offer the most square inches of protection
- Universal sizing