Junior Engine Combo
Includes: 2 TeleCrib Junior Struts & 1 Pair Shark Junior Step Chocks
The TeleCrib® Junior is a compact and fast all-in-one strut designed for basic stabilization.
Specifically designed for Engines/Pumpers, they allow First Due Rescuers to stabilize a vehicle within minutes of arrival. Made of the same DuPont™ Kevlar® infused composite as the full sized TeleCrib® System, the TeleCrib® Junior is lightweight and simple to operate, but supports an impressive 5000 lb working load with a 2:1 safety factor.
First Due Crews (typically staffed on Engines/Pumpers) are often the first on scene for a vehicle crash. In the event of a side or roof resting vehicle, stabilization should be done as quickly as possible to provide a safe working environment for both patients and rescuers. A pair of TeleCrib® Juniors can be taken from apparatus to vehicle, and set up by one person in preparation for extrication and patient care.
The TeleCrib® Junior is the only strut that can be used in both a prop style (ratchet strap attached to the head) and tension buttress style (ratchet strap attached to the vehicle or to another strut) configuration, giving rescuers a versatile tool for vehicle stabilization.
The TeleCrib® Junior interfaces seamlessly with the full TeleCrib® System Struts and Shark™ Collapsible Step Cribbing.
- Working Load: 5000 lbs (2:1 Safety Factor)
- Length: 41” collapsed / 69″ extended
- Weight: 30 lbs
- Strut tubes are made of an advanced composite infused with Kevlar® fiber making them lightweight, but 4x stronger than steel
- Composite tubes are resistant to environmental and chemically corrosive materials (battery acid, salts, water, fuels, etc.) and offer exceptional impact resistance. Tubes are electrically non-conductive.
- 5,000 lb max working load with 2:1 safety factor
- Fully collapsing struts are ultra compact for storage
- No couplings, twist locks or guess work – just slide out as much strut as you need and pin it. Simple design is easy to use reduces training time.
- plate aggressively engages the vehicle from any angle.
- Spring Pins automatically lock the strut at the desired length by simply pulling up on the Combi-Head. Lifting the spring lever releases the pins for storage.
- The attached, heavy duty ratchet strap is easy to use and includes a protective, cut resistant heat shield.
- Removable strap hook gives the strut additional versatility to be used as a prop (wedge) or as a lifting device and allows the strut to be used with other systems
- Safety interlock system prevents over-extension of strut tubes.
- An 18” forged spike rides with the strut in a side holster and can be used to nail the baseplate to the ground for additional stability.
- Hook cluster includes 3/8” chain hook, mini-J and hammer head to give multiple strap attachment options.
- Proudly manufactured in the USA
In 2005, Rescue 42 partnered with a progressive composites manufacturer to develop a proprietary system for producing the revolutionary Composite TeleCrib® Struts infused with DuPont™ Kevlar® fibers instead of steel. The strength, lighter weight, chemical resistance, and non-conductive properties of the advanced composite TeleCrib® struts made the old “signpost” and other types of steel rescue struts completely obsolete! In 2007, DuPont™ Kevlar® was added to the composite tubing to give the struts additional strength and impact resistance.
The Shark™ Collapsible Step Cribbing
The Shark™ Collapsible Step Chock will save critical storage space on your rig for more important life saving equipment. Its innovative design is taller than most traditional step chocks, collapses to 5” and is designed to nest together when stored for further space savings. You can fit 4 Sharks™ in less space than 2 wood or plastic chocks require.
The Sharks™ tough steel construction meets the 2:1 height to base ratio requirement while positive grip teeth on the steps bite into anything they come in contact with. The Sharks™ base-plate accepts ratchet straps or pickets to prevent slipping in icy or muddy rescue conditions.
The Shark™ Junior is a perfect pairing with the TeleCrib®
Junior All-in-One Strut for first due Engine crews. 12″ tall, the pair nest together and include a shoulder strap for easy carrying.
12" H x 8" W x 21" L
19 lbs each