Know before you go.
The Elkhart Brass Standpipe Flowmeter helps ensure adequate flow rate and floor pressure of the standpipe system before firefighters make the push.
The 555A portable Standpipe Flowmeter by Elkhart Brass has been designed to meet the most stringent of operational specifications, and as a result FDNY equips their engine companies with it. The Standpipe Flowmeter measures both flow and pressure using an integrated sensor, having a completely self-contained battery powered digital readout.
- Compact Design for High-Rise Kit Applications
- Rechargeable 9V Battery with Quick Change Housing
- Dual LED Display - Pressure and Flow
- Battery Saving Standby Operation
- 1 Touch Battery Meter
- Lightweight ELK-O-LITE (R) Aluminum Construction
- Meets NFPA 14 Requirements
- 45° Swiveling Elbow
- 2 1/2” Threaded Female Swivel Inlet
- 2 1/2” Threaded Male Discharge
- 250 GPM (946 LPM) Maximum Flow
- 250 PSI (17.2 bar) Max Operating Pressure
- Weight: 5 lb. 4oz. (2.38 kg)
Careful attention has been given in the design of the flow tube to ensure a straight run measuring zone long enough for accurate readings. This technology also reduces inaccurate readings due to turbulence.
The Standpipe Flowmeter is manufactured with anodized aluminum with a 45° elbow on the inlet side to reduce kinking. Plus, the unit is made to endure the abuse of daily firefighting operations.
Durability testing includes a drop test of 3’ onto a concrete floor, water submersion to a depth of 3’ and normal functioning within 6” of a handheld radio transmitting at 5 watts.
All electronics are enclosed in a waterproof aluminum case with a sealed overlay and secondary Lexan overlay. A 9V rechargeable Lithium battery features a low level warning which is activated prior to the last 90 minutes of operation.