EX50Li Zero-Downtime Package
As the fire service continues to adopt battery-powered equipment in the form of flashlights, radios, and now rescue tools and fans, departments must follow recommended manufacture procedures to charge/maintain these batteries so that the equipment is “always ready”
Today’s most modern fire fighting equipment is almost exclusively powered by Lithium-Ion batteries. Properly charging a Lithium-Ion battery takes approximately 4 hours, from 0% - 100% charge. Many stations will roll on a call every hour or even more frequently, which does not allow for full charge of batteries, not exactly ideal for a first-responder.
RAMFAN’s Zero Downtime package was developed in cooperation with firefighting professionals to provide the maximum “In-Service” performance needed for any mission. Swappable battery packs will deliver “always ready” fans for your team. A well spec’d apparatus electrical system to run a DC battery charger, will maximize the onboard capability, which is extremely valuable for departments with high call frequency.
DEPARTMENT CASE STUDY - ZERO DOWNTIME
A fire department in the SE United States decided to standardize on RAMFAN EX50Li battery-powered fans, installing one on every ladder truck. They selected the EL5500-2PK 18” fan with two batteries. Truck compartments were outfitted with AC outlets so that the fans could be plugged into the outlets in the compartment and would charge off of the truck’s shore power when in station.
A short time after deploying the fans on the trucks they came to realize that their rigs didn’t spend enough time in the stations between calls for the fan’s onboard chargers to fully charge the batteries. They were constantly having fans out-of-service, due to low power or dead batteries. Their problem was quickly remedied by adding a pair of additional batteries and a compartment-mounted DC battery charger to each truck, giving them the ability to have two fully charged batteries on the fan at all times while the other two batteries were on the external charger waiting to be used.
(1) EX50Li Ventilator
(1) Carrying Strap
(1) Hot-Swappable 40V 6Ah Battery Pack
(1) 115VAC or 12-24VDC External Battery Charger
(1) Custom Truck Compartment Mount
EX50Li 18" | 46cm All-Purpose Battery Ventilator
The RAMFAN EX50Li is the only battery-powered PPV fan available with hot swappable IP66 rated battery packs, to protect against the inevitable sweep of the fire hose.
The ability to have extra battery packs and onboard charger removes the limitations of other traditional fans, leading to a very quick and efficient usage of the fan at the fire ground.
40V Lithium Ion Battery Packs.
PPV battery fans require batteries with greater density of energy storage. The battery management system (BMS) is the central element for monitoring and controlling energy storage systems.
The 432 Wh Lithium Ion battery system allows for cordless operation and it was designed specifically for the high draw and sustained run-time applications demanded of PPV fans.
- NSN (Nato Stock Number): NSN (Nato Stock Number)
- Motor: NSN (Nato Stock Number)
- [email protected] Speed:
- DC: 90 minutes (four battery packs)
- DC: 45 minutes (two battery packs)
- DC: 23 minutes (one battery pack)
- AC: Unlimited
- Battery System: 40v Lithium-ion, 432Wh, 12Ah
- IP Rating (Motor/Battery System/Contoller): IP66 / IP66 / IP66
- Dimensions: 22” x 21” x 12” | 56 x 53 x 30 cm
- with two batteries: 54 Ibs / 25 kg
- with one battery: 50 lbs / 23 kg
- without batteries: 45 lbs / 20 kg
- Approvals CE AMCA
- AMCA Verified Airflow
- AC Power Supply: 9,635 cfm (16,370 m3/hr)
- DC Power Supply: 10,120 cfm (17,194 m3/hr)
- Lightweight, Aircraft Grade Aluminum Alloy Frame
- Integrated LED Flood Lights illuminate the entry point of a structure during night operations
- Wide range tilt adjustment from -7° to +34° with Negative Tilt Bracket
- Brushless DC Motor
- Next generation Intellisense™ E2 Controller
- Swappable 40V Li-Ion Battery Packs can be charged in 4 hrs
- IP66 Water Resistance protects from powerful water jets
- Onboard Charger
- Equipped with 2nd Generation PowerStream® Air Straighteners
Output changes as setback from the opening changes. Single door airflow is per AMCA 240-15 testing. This data derives from 0” static pressure. Real world results will be substantially reduced by structure backpressure. EX50Li is tested at 13.5 ft (4.1 m) setback at 12.7° tilt and 2924 rpm on AC Power Supply and tested at 14 ft (4.3 m) setback at 9° tilt and 3045 rpm on DC Power Supply.
AMCA 240, as defined and tested by the third-party Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA), is tested through a standard area opening which represents a single-door structure opening most often used in fire fighting PPV operations. This test procedure is published and is the most accurate method for PPV airflow testing that currently exists. AMCA’s testing center is available to all manufacturers of ventilators for performance verification to this standard. Due to its standardized, published testing procedure and third-party status, this is known internationally as the best testing method for comparing PPV fans. Verify performance data online at AMCA.org.