Pro-Tech 8 Vision Gloves
- Water-resistant Outer Shell / FR Buffalo Hide – Stronger, more durable, and more flexible than Cowhide.
- Glow Stripe for Safety at Night and in Low Light Conditions. Absorbs, Stores and Emits Light for Hours!
- Advanced Multi-Layer Design of Kevlar, Nomex and Modacrylic.
- Exclusive Signature 8 Layer Knuckle Guard - Featuring 100% Kevlar Fused with Silicone Carbide.
- Superior Grip with Stitched Down Palm Layers Using High Burst Kevlar Thread.
- NFPA 1971 Compliant, Triple Certified Porelle PTFE Barrier with the Best Moisture Wicking,
- Breathability, Chemical and Viral Protection Available Today (see expanded protection list).
- Fully Knitted 100% Modacrylic Inner Liner for Easy Don and Doff.
- Leather Pull Tab for Easy Don and Doff.
- Flexible Finger Sidewalls of Kevlar and Nomex Maximize Dexterity.
- Certified Compliant to NFPA 1971-2018
Certified by the Safety Equipment Institute in accordance with the requirements of NFPA 1971-2018, Standard on Protective Ensembles for Structural Fire Fighting and Proximity Fire Fighting.
Buffalo vs Cow Leather
Buffalo leather has increased flexibility and thickness compared to cow leather. When PPE requires more durability, Pro-Tech utilizes buffalo hide to maximize longevity while maintaining dexterity.
The Buffalo leather grain is particularly distinctive for its wider and thicker fibers. Its epidermal layer is 3 times thicker than cow hide, which makes it stronger and more durable. Buffalo leather is famous for its durability. It also has great elasticity and strength, making it resistant to pressure and flame. It cannot be ripped or burned easily.
Buffalo leather is completely natural and has breathability similar to human skin; it has the power to release moisture and dry faster than cowhide. Because of these features it can adapt to any temperature and is always comfortable to wear, no matter the season.
Gloves made of buffalo leather remain structurally sound and do not lose their shape or stretch out over repeated use. Unlike fabric materials that wear out over the years, buffalo leather becomes more comfortable as it ages.
Additionally, unlike cow hide, Buffalo hides are not stretched during the tanning process, so they retain their thickness and are more resistant to tearing.
How to care for buffalo leather
Buffalo leather is easy to care for due to its smooth finish and strong fibers which prevent dust, animal hair and bacteria from getting stuck in the grain. It is ideal for anyone who suffers from allergies.
Hand wash only in warm water with a small amount of mild detergent or soap.
Hang dry using hanger loop provided. Excess water can be gently squeezed off before hanging but do not wring dry.
Use a soft bristle brush for cleaning.
Do NOT use bleach.
Size: 64N (X-Small)
Size: 70N (Small)
Size: 70W (Medium)
Size: 76N (Medium / Large)
Size: 76W (Large / X-Large)
Size: 82N (X-Large)
Size: 82W (2X-Large)
Size: 82XW (3X-Large)