FX Fiberglass helmets with TrakLite deliver a critical advantage to firefighters.With an integral LED lighting system that’s safe, smoothly balanced, snag-proof, and always ready to light your way.
- Designed to withstand frequent exposure to chemicals and hydrocarbons
- Low center of gravity provides a balanced and stable fit
- Sure-Lock ratchet headband adjusts with a quick turn of the knob.
- Additional adjustment points permit custom fit
- Interfaces well with SCBA
- Convenient TrakLite™ lighting system is smoothly integrated into the structure of the helmet
- 8 LEDs provides smooth, even light over a wide area for safer navigation and other operations
The TrakLite features eight bright, durable dome-style LEDs protected behind a heat-resistant glass, and designed to cast a smooth, evenly-distributed 38 lumens of white light over a very wide area. No blinding hot spots, dark circles, or sharp cut-off—just the diffused area lighting you need to safely navigate in dark areas, indoors or out.
With its tough, lightweight, waterproof, battery pack mounted beneath the rear brim of the helmet, TrakLite provides a safe, reliable source of light that’s snag-proof, perfectly balanced, and always available.
Simple, efficient, so easy to use. Even with a thickly gloved hand, this system is a snap to operate. Just a flick of the single rotary switch turns on both the front LEDs and the rear buddy indicator light.
The energy efficient TrakLite is conveniently powered by four standard AAA alkaline batteries. Each set of inexpensive, disposable batteries provides at least six hours of continuous runtime, to a minimum 50% brightness. Batteries can be quickly and easily replaced in the field with just a Phillips head screwdriver.
Engineered for reliable performance—with safety first. The weight of TrakLite is perfectly centered from side-to-side, and distributed between the front and rear of the helmet to offer a more balanced lighting solution. With no protruding attachments, external clips, brackets, or wires, Bullard TrakLite reduces the likelihood of weight imbalance, or becoming snagged on obstructions or gear.
When properly closed its virtually unbreakable Ultrem battery pack, lighting unit, and all connections are a completely waterproof, chemical-resistant sealed system, rated for use in volatile environments and hazmat situations. You can count on your Bullard TrakLite-equipped helmet to provide increased safety and additional utility over most traditional helmet-mounted lighting. Plus it’s an excellent compliment to a more highly focused smoke-cutting hand-held fire flashlight or lantern.
- Case Material: High heat, impact resistant thermoplastic
- Lens (front): IR-coated Borosilicate glass
- Lens (rear): Polycarbonate
- Light Source (front): Eight white 5mm domed LEDs
- Light Output (front): total 38 lumens
- Runtime: At least 6 hours to a minimum 50% brightness
- Light Source (rear): One blue surface-mounted LED
- On/Off: Rotary switch
- Batteries: 4 AAA alkaline batteries (included)
- Product Weight (with batteries): 6.35 ounces, in addition to helmet
- Certified to NFPA 1971 standards when factory installed on certified Bullard Helmet
Contemporary Style. Heavy Duty.
FX Series fire helmets are designed to withstand frequent exposure to chemicals and hydrocarbons. A low center of gravity provides FX models with a balanced and stable fit, increasing overall comfort. The Bullard Sure-Lock ratchet headband adjusts to the wearer’s head with a quick turn of the knob. Additional adjustment points permit custom fit, personalized balance and interface with the SCBA
The result is an integrated assembly of advanced materials and quality components that provide outstanding head protection, superior comfort, durability, and proven on-the-job performance.
Firedome FX Features:
- Chemical-resistant fiberglass outer shell
- High-heat thermoplastic inner shell
- Comfortable Sure-Lock ratchet headband
- Balanced 6-point nylon crown straps and crown pad
- Nomex chinstrap with quick-release buckle and postman’s slide fastener
- Rip-stop Nomex ear/neck protector
- Leather ratchet cover
- Removable fire-resistant, absorbent cotton brow pad
- Hard-coated optically-correct faceshield
- Scotchlite reflective striping
- 12 point comfort system
- Certified to meet NFPA 1971-2013 Edition
A low center of gravity provides both models with a balanced and stable fit, increasing overall comfort. Adding to the helmet's comfort and security is a natural leather ratchet pad.
Quick, Easy Sizing
Bullard's Sure-Lock ratched headband adjusts to the wearer's head with a quick turn of the knob. Additional adjustment points permit custom fit, personalized balance and interface with the SCBA.
Tough and Durable Protection
The outer shell of the FX is made of fiberglass and is more resistant to chemical attack and more stable at extreme temperatures than those made of thermoplastic. The FX model has the color molded through the shell.
Bullard helmets are designed from the start to make maintenance simple and cost effective. For example, the browpad can easily be removed and cleaned. Competitive helmets have the brownpad sewn into the headband making for awkward cleaning and very expensive replacement.
FX helmets feature 3M Scotchlite striping which retains reflectivity to 500 degrees F (260 degrees C). That makes Scotchlite the toughest material available for helmet markings. FX helmets also feature the unique R330 optically-correct faceshield. The R330 eliminates distortion and reduces eye stress and fatigue.
FX Helmet Technical Specifications:
- Dimensions: 14”L x 12”W x 7”H
- Outer Shell Material: Fiberglass
- Inner Shell Material: Non-CFC Urethane foam
- Suspension: 6-point with soft crown pad
- Fiberglass outer shell
- Urethane impact liner (R921)
- Black high-heat thermoplastic inner shell (R921)
- Sure-Lock ratchet headband
- 6-point nylon crown strap (R637)
- Nomex chinstrap with quick release buckle and postman’s slide fastener (R144)
- Black rip-stop Nomex ear/neck protector (R721)
- Leather ratchet cover (R160)
- Removable fire resistant cotton brow pad (R635)
- Cotton crown pad (R636)
- Scotchlite reflective striping (R533)
- 4” hard-coated optically correct faceshield (R330)
- FXG models have ESS Goggle (IZ3) instead of faceshield
Available colors: Black, Blue, Red, Orange, Green*, Lime/Yellow, White, Pink, and Yellow.
*Green ONLY available with 4” Faceshield.
- FX-FTL Models = 4"Faceshield
- FX-GTL Models = ESS Goggles
Please Note: We can only sell this product to our customers in North America (U.S., Mexico, and Canada).
"How much lighter is this helmet than a regualar helmet? We have women FF that are having neck and back pain from wearing heavy helmets. Do you have any solutions?"
they do not show a weigh for any of their helmets, all helmets are within ounces of each other, the modern style helmets are lighter than the traditional helmets. If the women are having complaints about the weight of the modern helmets I don't have an answer for you.
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !