Investigative tool for fire ground applications to measure relative AC field signal strength.
Why use the FireCraft® trACer™?
Because it makes the difference in a life or death circumstance and it only takes a few seconds. Use the FireCraft® trACer® non-contact AC voltage detector easily and from a safe distance to determine if a downed power line is charged or if a circuit in a structure is live.
In most cases, a downed power line is rendered "safe" by the safeguards built into every power company's distribution system, usually in less than 30 seconds. However, every downed line and every structure's wiring must be considered live - ALWAYS.
Why? If there is a backup generator on the line and it is not wired properly, the "downline" wire may be hot. Or let's say you pull the meter on a house. That house can still be "hot" if there is a standby generator or solar panels on the roof feeding those circuits.
Even if you have a cut power line touching the ground, don't assume that it triggered the breaker. If the ground is dry sand, for instance, it will not cause the circuit to trip as there is not enough moisture to transmit the current to ground.
FireCraft® trACer™ is designed as an investigative tool for fire ground applications. Directional, the FireCraft® trACer™ can locate the source of AC current not just its presence. It always starts in self test mode, and it is important that the user is aware of this. FireCraft® trACer™ is water resistant not waterproof. The FireCraft® trACer™ carries a limited warranty for a period of 1 year from purchase.
- Handheld AC Voltage detector that measures relative AC field signal strength
- Features both visual and audible signals to alert the user of the AC signal strength relative to the proximity and direction between the user and a 40-70Hz AC source
- Convenient and easy-to-use on/off sliding switch on the right hand front side of the device
- Start up self-test feature determines a pass or fail whether the device is ready for safe operation
- Limited 1-year warranty
- Indoor Assessment: Determine whether AC outlets or power cords are energized; assess non-power lines, such as cable TV; trace wiring within walls.
- Vehicular Incidents: Assess the site and vehicle for potential exposure to AC voltage; verify power disconnect.
- Building Collapse/Urban Search and Rescue: Detect unknown sources of unshielded and potentially hazardous AC voltages; verify proper power disconnect.
- Structure Fires: Identify nearby high voltages and potential dangers from electrical wires during size-up, investigation, and salvage and overhaul operations.
- Storms and Disaster Recovery: Identify energized wires on roads or structural parts in collapsed building and flooded sites; assess the extent of a power outage.
- Swimming Pools or other Wet Environments: Determine if water or damp ground is energized.
- Housing: Injection molded ABS with Hi Vis red silicone protective boot cover
- Housing Size: 5.5” x 3.25” x 1.031” | 140 x 82 x 160 mm
- Battery: One 9 volt alkaline battery
- Self-Test: Internal five (5) second built-in test function after turn-on. Test includes battery charge level. Built-in low battery warning.
- Electronic Design: Digital
- Frequency Range: Detects AC voltages from 40 to 70 Hz.
- Warning Signal Indications: Both audible (beep) and visual (LED) signals increase or decrease in frequency depending upon proximity to AC voltage source
- Weight: 0.6 lb | 0.3Kg with battery
- Switch: Single on/off switch
- Water Resistance: Splash-proof only
- Operating Temperature: -22° to +122° F | -30° to +50° C
- Storage Temperature: -40° to +158° F | -40° to +70° C