With its advanced, aluminum Pompier hook and high-strength, light alloy leg adjusters, the Gemtor NYC Personal Harness weighs a total of only 2.8 lbs.Yet it provides all the durability and performance of the original model 541. Its unique design lowers the body's center of gravity under load, to reduce the possibility of toppling. And it allows fast and easy donning over turnouts or duty wear.
This advanced harness was specially created to meet the demanding requirements of the New York City Fire Department. Now it's available with either right or left side opening, to meet your demanding requirements.
Features and Benefits:
- Extremely lightweight - total unit weighs only 2.8 lbs (including Pompier hook)
- Patented design lowers the body's center of gravity and helps reduce possibility of toppling (Patent No. 4446943)
- Fast and Easy Donning
- Unique, adjustable leg strap design. Place one foot through a color-coded loop and the entire harness goes on with ease
- Easy waist belt operation - just engage steel snaphook and D-ring
- Can be attached to bunker pants using loops available from most turn-out gear manufacturers
- Sturdy, lightweight nylon webbing 1 3/4" wide, stitched with high tenacity nylon thread
- Aluminum, 3-Stage locking Pompier hook with 2" side opening gate (NFPA General Use Carabiner classified by the UL), 9,000 MBS, weighs less than 11 oz.
- Forged alloy steel escape system attachment D-ring (not shown)
- High strength yet lightweight leg strap adjusters
- Classified by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. in accordance with NFPA 1983-2001 (Class II harness)
- Meets NFPA 1983-2001, classified by Underwriter Laboratories (UL)
- Available with right side or left side (FDNY style) opening
- Small: fits 30"-44" waist
- Medium: fits 36"-50" waist
- Large: fits 44"-56" waist
Ratings & Reviews
The best harness I have and the best for truck,rescue ops. Great for self rescue and firefighter rescue and RIT ops
"can this harness be put on gear with no harness loops sewn into the gear? or does it require harness loops."
Jeremy, if you have the loops you can leave the harness on your pants, no loops means you will have to take the time to put the harness on as you need it. Better to have it on your pants when you need it than not have it, and lose time putting it on. If you are spending the money to purchase the harness spend the couple extra dollars to have the loops sewn on your pants, money well spent, better than wishing you had done it.
"Dose your or can your company make a special order (size) wise?"
Steve, if your looking for a size larger than a 56"" waist, you will need to let us know, we would have to ask the manufacturer if that would be possible. Keep in mind that it will be more expensive, and non returnable.
"is the use of the product safe to wear on while operating in a structure fire or can remain attached to the fireman while operating in a structure fire."
Chief, this is the same life safety harness that the FDNY guys wear day in and day out, they never take it off unless there is something wrong with their pants
"does this come with the loops to hold the carabiner to the harness, and where can i buy the loops to hold the harness to my bunker pants."
Sorry no loops. Can be attached to bunker pants using loops available from most turn-out gear manufacturers, what this means is that you have to order the loops when you purchase the pants or you can return them to the manufacturer and have them added.
"Is this product NFPA1983 compliant?"
Michael, Classified by Underwriters Laboratories, Inc. in accordance with NFPA 1983-2001 (Class II harness) Meets NFPA 1983-2001, classified by Underwriter Laboratories (UL)
Your question has been successfully submitted !
Please write your question before you submit !